s18bgid
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Can anyone recommend a credible Economics Msc prog that is respected.
I have looked at the LSE Imperial UCL Kings Cass etc but the price, £30,000 on avg, is truly sickening and I would not be able to afford it. I had looked at Birkbeck , £12,000 for Economics MSc, but not many rate it, even on this site. I am also London based which limits my options.
I am now looking at online degrees and distance based qualifications - can anyone recommend respected institutions?
Thanks
Swissbro
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Have you considered studying abroad? Universities on the continent are considerably cheaper than in the UK and with some reputable programs, one even has a non-zero chance of getting some form of financial support.
s18bgid
Rep:
?
(Original post by Swissbro)
Have you considered studying abroad? Universities on the continent are considerably cheaper than in the UK and with some reputable programs, one even has a non-zero chance of getting some form of financial support.
I haven't no, though sounds like a good idea. I would love to in Switzerland, given that there is a huge banking and finance presence & would be a good way to get relevant experience whilst studying. .

Out of Continental unis, which would you recommend?
Swissbro
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by s18bgid)
I haven't no, though sounds like a good idea. I would love to in Switzerland, given that there is a huge banking and finance presence & would be a good way to get relevant experience whilst studying. .

Out of Continental unis, which would you recommend?
Depends a bit on what you are looking for, but of the top of my head, I would recommend something like:

In Switzerland specifically:
- Zurich for economics in general
- St. Gallen for banking & finance
- Geneva for international economics
- Bern is also fine from what I've heard, though I don't know much about it

In wider Europe, I can speak less of the individual strengths of each program, but the following are generally thought of as offering internationally respected econ programs (in no particular order):
- Mannheim
- Bonn
- Bocconi
- Paris School of Economics
- Cemfi in Madrid
- Barcelona Graduate School of Economics
- Pompeu Fabra (also in Barcelona)
- In the Netherlands, there are also 1-2 universities that are known for their econ program. I think Tilburg and Amsterdam, though I'm not quite sure.
- Some others that I haven't thought of and that deserve mentioning.

As you can see, it's quite a diverse mix of places, so I'm sure that there would be something that suits your taste
Last edited by Swissbro; 1 year ago
s18bgid
Rep:
?
(Original post by Swissbro)
Depends a bit on what you are looking for, but of the top of my head, I would recommend something like:

In Switzerland specifically:
- Zurich for economics in general
- St. Gallen for banking & finance
- Geneva for international economics
- Bern is also fine from what I've heard, though I don't know much about it

In wider Europe, I can speak less of the individual strengths of each program, but the following are generally thought of as offering internationally respected econ programs (in no particular order):
- Mannheim
- Bonn
- Bocconi
- Paris School of Economics
- Cemfi in Madrid
- Barcelona Graduate School of Economics
- Pompeu Fabra (also in Barcelona)
- In the Netherlands, there are also 1-2 universities that are known for their econ program. I think Tilburg and Amsterdam, though I'm not quite sure.
- Some others that I haven't thought of and that deserve mentioning.

As you can see, it's quite a diverse mix of places, so I'm sure that there would be something that suits your taste
Great info . Thank you v. much
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you feel if uni students needed to be double vaccinated to start in Autumn?

I'd feel reassured about my own health (33)
15.42%
I'd feel reassured my learning may be less disrupted by isolations/lockdowns (65)
30.37%
I'd feel less anxious about being around large groups (25)
11.68%
I don't mind if others are vaccinated or not (18)
8.41%
I'm concerned it may disadvantage some students (12)
5.61%
I think it's an unfair expectation (58)
27.1%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (3)
1.4%

Watched Threads