Later period not pregnant Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Hello. So I guess I’ll just jump right in. I got my period the last week of July. It wasn’t anything out of the ordinary initially. It wasn’t as heavy but also wasn’t super light, and it wasn’t mostly brown (old blood). Then it stopped by the end of the day on the 4th of August. But then on the 6th, I began bleeding again. Not super heavy but enough to fill up a pad. This went on for a few days then stopped. I was stressed because I had never had that happen before. However I had cramp like pain for days following, I assumed it was just ovulation. Well, it’s not the first week of September and I still haven’t gotten my period. It’s about 7 days late. I know I’m not pregnant.. I haven’t had sex sense the end of May (it’s not September), I took several pregnancy tests and they were all negative plus I have a normal period in June and July. My August period was odd and now I don’t have any period. I’m extremely worried. I have symptoms like acne around my chin and mouth that I normally get. It’s not as intense but I have gotten a few bigger ones. I also have some cramping in my lower back and I am definitely moody. But I have no idea.
skyla0607
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Hey there! Have you been facing any significant stress or emotional distress recently? It could be related to a life event, such as a break-up or moving to a new place, or even general stress from high workload. Usually, that's the reason for my abnormal periods. It can also be caused by starting or ending certain medication that affects hormones, like contraceptive pills. Basically, major lifestyle changes will affect your cycle.

If you are sure you're not pregnant, I would suggest just relaxing and taking care of your body by working out, eating healthy, sleeping well, and drinking plenty of water. This will help it find the cycle again and deal with whatever threw it off the cycle in the first place. However, you know yourself best, so if things seem to be getting worse and you're worried, definitely visit a doctor.
black tea
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Sometimes your cycle can get messed up like this. If it's been regular up until now and this is a one-off, it is unlikely to be anything to worry about.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you attending a Global Climate Strike?

Yes, I'm striking (41)
7.78%
No, but I wanted to/I support the cause (308)
58.44%
No (178)
33.78%

Watched Threads