Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
So I got my place at Manchester quite late through clearing only a few days before the accommodation deadline. On deadline day I had decided where I wanted to go and made my application, but when sending it had issues as the application system wasn't letting me submit. I was receiving some sort of error and took a screenshot to hopefully show the accommodation team in case I. Didn't make it to the deadline. I ended up being able to submit the form after the deadline by like an hour.

I emailed the accommodation office and they say they still can't guarantee accommodation now and suggest I look at private accommodation. How likely do you think it is that they would offer me halls? Given that my application would be one of the very first "late" ones and I was hoping they would be leniant because of my trouble with the online system. Anyone else got offered late accommodation? Uni starts in 2 weeks and I'm panicking, I thought I could have my accommodation 100 % sorted out but because of that issue I'm now scrambling looking for a back up.
Any advice would be appreciated
cotton candie
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I would suggest that you probably should start looking at private accommodation (just in case you don't receive an offer from the uni accommodation)
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by cotton candie)
I would suggest that you probably should start looking at private accommodation (just in case you don't receive an offer from the uni accommodation)
I've been looking at private halls as I still want to meet people, but alot of them are gone and the ones that are left have a tenancy start date of 7th September, so they will likely be gone after then. If I book now then I can't really cancel even if uom offer accommodation, but if I wait for them to reply then I could lose alot of options. This really is a mess. I don't think they really believe/care that the application system wasn't working when I tried to submit my form and have said they will still not guarentee a place in halls.
cotton candie
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I've been looking at private halls as I still want to meet people, but alot of them are gone and the ones that are left have a tenancy start date of 7th September, so they will likely be gone after then. If I book now then I can't really cancel even if uom offer accommodation, but if I wait for them to reply then I could lose alot of options. This really is a mess. I don't think they really believe/care that the application system wasn't working when I tried to submit my form and have said they will still not guarentee a place in halls.
Applying for private accommodation doesn't mean you accept their tenancy agreement. They would just offer you an accommodation and it will be up to you to accept the accommodation or not (usually within a period of 7 days).
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Manchester
    Undergraduate Undergraduate
    Fri, 19 Jun '20
    Sat, 20 Jun '20
    Sat, 3 Oct '20

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (109)
18.02%
It's just nice to be back! (163)
26.94%
Not great so far... (216)
35.7%
I want to drop out! (117)
19.34%

Watched Threads