The Student Room Group

The First Cohort of IAL In My School - A Year 12-13 Journey

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
I ended up doing some P2 practice at the maths tutorial today, and completed Chemistry section 8B. I will go on for 4A.5 Physics and some Chemistry practice after dinner.
Reply 81
I have completed the Maths C12 paper (Jan 2019), and received 115/125, which is an A and 186 UMS.
Reply 82
For yesterday evening, I did exercises on Haloalkanes and Kinetics. I went on a streak of 12 questions with full marks in Kinetics, which meant that my self study is quite effective!
Reply 83
I moved on to 8C.2 and 10C.2 in Chemistry, and did practice on Light, Quantum Physics and Resistivity yesterday.
Now moving to Maths and doing a 2017 C2 paper.
My teachers have opened group chats for Physics and Chemistry.
Reply 84
I am quite productive over these 2 days.
I got 97 UMS in the C2 paper, did one Chinese translation and completed exercises on Halogens and Alkaline Earth Metals, Quantum Physics and Resistivity. I have done all of the Quantum Physics questions from the new spec papers, and the 2019 old spec papers.
Reply 85
I got 60/75 in a 2016 Maths S1 paper completed today, which is an A and 86 UMS.
I will be doing Chemistry after dinner.
Reply 86
I did quite a lot of practice on Halogens and Haloalkanes yesterday. I also started the last chapter of S1, and practiced quantum physics.
Reply 87
Despite my school doing online learning, there are still tests every 2 weeks. If I failed any of the tests, this is the result of Everton vs Liverpool, to be played on 14/3/2020:
IMG_20200208_093909.jpg
But if I managed top grades in all of the tests, this will be the result. Manchester city will also lose their game at home to Burnley, so this result is enough to see Liverpool crowned as 2019/20 Premier League champions!
IMG_20200208_093922.jpg
IMG_20200208_100738.jpg
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 88
I did more than the teacher's required practice for Quantum Physics! I am going to smash my online test tomorrow!
I have also completed my first ever Chemistry Unit 2 paper, and referred to the textbook for the topics I haven't gone through yet. I ended up with a score of 60/80, which is an A and 101 UMS! I thought that a B would be good enough for my first attempt, but I cannot believe I got an A!
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 89
https://www.fanchants.com/football-songs/reading-chants/we-broke-record-106/
I played this chant today, so I can have a break, as I broke my personal record, completing 106 questions in Physics and Chemistry today!
Reply 90
I got a 70% in my Physics topic test today, which is already enough for an A in the real exams.

I have also completed a C2 paper (June 2016). I got 69/75, which is an A and 90 UMS.

About to do the next Chemistry Unit 2 paper today, and a C12 paper tomorrow.
I feel that I am quite productive over the school suspension period.
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 91
I managed to scrap an A in my Chemistry Unit 2 paper. I did badly in the MC but did really well in the free response.
Reply 92
I did a Maths S1 paper and got an A and 81 UMS, and some P1 homework.
I also did some practice questions on Metals in Chemistry.
Reply 93
I did some Physics practice on Electricity today. I have just finished the AS syllabus for Physics, so I can start doing papers next week!
I am going to do another Chemistry Unit 2 paper and a Maths C12 paper.
Reply 94
I got 112/125 in my Maths C12 paper yesterday, which is an A and 174 UMS. I also got a 64/80 for my Chemistry Unit 2 paper, which is an A and 98 UMS.
I am going to start doing papers for Physics. I will do papers on 1 topic of Unit 2 each day over 1-2 weeks, and start doing full unit 2 papers at the end of the month. I will also start watching videos on the core practicals, so I will not miss my unit 3 exam because of the Coronavirus.
Reply 95
I only did a bit of Maths yesterday, completing The Normal Distribution in S1, the last chapter in the specification! I have officially completed the specification for all my exams in 2020, so I do not need to worry at all!
I am starting to do papers in combos each week. They are:
Physics: 2 by topic papers + 2 full papers
Chemistry: 3 by topic papers + 2 full papers
Maths: 3 full papers
I have to complete 2 combos each week.
Reply 96
I haven't done a Physics Unit 1 paper for long, but thanks to the gifted physics course outside which is talking about mechanics now (unit 1 stuff), I still did 2 topic exercises, and then went on to do the Oct 2019 paper. I got 56/80, which is an A and full UMS marks (120/120)!

The heat is getting higher
I feel that I'm on fire
Russel Group's my desire
I feel that I'm on fire

(Modified from On Fire, Lithuanian entry of ESC 2020)
Reply 97
The old spec unit 1 chemistry is different from the new spec, and one topic has moved to unit 4 (A2), so in the Chemistry Unit 1 paper I did today, I left question 21 blank as it is out of the new spec AS syllabus. I got a score of 58/70, which is rounded up to 67/80, an A and 106 UMS.
I got 70/75 in the first maths P1 new spec paper, which is an A and 99 UMS.
You may wonder that why I always get 100% (120/120) UMS in Physics Unit 1 papers. It is because I am taking an undergraduate level physics course in a local university, and got a weighted score of 65% in my assignments so far. We are learning mechanics now, which is an advanced version of Unit 1 and Unit 4 (A2).
Reply 98
I did a C12 paper in the morning (June 2017). I got an A and 188 UMS, my best marks in a C12 paper so far, with a raw mark of 117/125.
I will do a Physics Unit 2 paper this afternoon.
Reply 99
In the past 2 days I have completed:
Chemistry Unit 2 (June 2019 old spec), 59/80 (A, UMS 98)
Physics unit 2 (June 2019 new spec), 57/80 (A, 110 UMS). I also got an A with an identical raw mark in the Oct 2019 paper, but it is 113 UMS.
Physics unit 3 (Oct 2019), 31/50 (A, 54 UMS)
As I have to cash in for Physics, I have calculated my total UMS over three papers in Oct 2019:
120+113+54=287/300, which is a really high A grade!
I feel that I'm on fire...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending