Rose_x0123
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I got DDC C IN CHEM and D IN BIOLOGY and politics I want to go on to do medicine can I just retake chem and bio
Claypotrose
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Rose_x0123)
I got DDC C IN CHEM and D IN BIOLOGY and politics I want to go on to do medicine can I just retake chem and bio
Hi I'm in a similar situ to you. Retake all of them you want at least one a star and 2 as to be competitive especially as its retakes. Also are u gonna study at home or go to a retake college?
Rose_x0123
Rep:
?
h

(Original post by Claypotrose)
Hi I'm in a similar situ to you. Retake all of them you want at least one a star and 2 as to be competitive especially as its retakes. Also are u gonna study at home or go to a retake college?
hey i dont want to retake politics as me and all my teachers where quite shocked at that grade as i had never gotten below an B in my 2 years so im going to do a foundation year of biomed then apply to a russell group then to medicine i know its an long way but honestly i will not retake politics.
Ifebam13
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
h

hey i dont want to retake politics as me and all my teachers where quite shocked at that grade as i had never gotten below an B in my 2 years so im going to do a foundation year of biomed then apply to a russell group then to medicine i know its an long way but honestly i will not retake politics.
You usually still need better A level grades to do medicine, even as a graduate. Many ask for at least BB in chem and bio, in addition to your degree.

If you do resit, you'll need to resit everything, as medical schools ask for 3 A levels usually minimum AAA in chemistry, biology and one other subject that isn't general studies or critical thinking. Unless you're eligible for a contextual offer, which would lower the entry requirements by 1 or 2 grades, but as a resit candidate, they may ask even ask for an A* in chemistry or biology.

However, requirements can vary between universities so make sure you do your research well and thoroughly.
Claypotrose
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
h

No that's completely fine and it seems as if medicine is something you really wanna do and if that passions there you'll be motivated to just do it so yeah it's long but I think you can do it. And yeah a levels were strange like that I did maths not politics.
Rose_x0123
Rep:
?
(Original post by Ifebam13)
You usually still need better A level grades to do medicine, even as a graduate. Many ask for at least BB in chem and bio, in addition to your degree.

If you do resit, you'll need to resit everything, as medical schools ask for 3 A levels usually minimum AAA in chemistry, biology and one other subject that isn't general studies or critical thinking. Unless you're eligible for a contextual offer, which would lower the entry requirements by 1 or 2 grades, but as a resit candidate, they may ask even ask for an A* in chemistry or biology.

However, requirements can vary between universities so make sure you do your research well and thoroughly.
but i researched and because im doing biomedical science they say a level grades arent considered
ComicalUsername
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
my friend got into kings with AAB for medicine, she is also a retake so you don't need really high grades
Rose_x0123
Rep:
?
No that's completely fine and it seems as if medicine is something you really wanna do and if that passions there you'll be motivated to just do it so yeah it's long but I think you can do it. And yeah a levels were strange like that I did maths not politics.
i think for you it would be better to retake as politics was an throw away subject for me and is not very relevant but maths is
Claypotrose
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by ComicalUsername)
my friend got into kings with AAB for medicine, she is also a retake so you don't need really high grades
Oh that's great well done! Can I just ask was the original offer that or did she just do well in ucat and stuff and then she just missed out by a bit and they took her ?
Claypotrose
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
i think for you it would be better to retake as politics was an throw away subject for me and is not very relevant but maths is
Okay yes yeah I was going to retake all 3 so that should be fun
ComicalUsername
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Oh that's great well done! Can I just ask was the original offer that or did she just do well in ucat and stuff and then she just missed out by a bit and they took her ?
her original offer. she had a lower ucat if I recall at the time of her offer
Claypotrose
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
her original offer. she had a lower ucat if I recall at the time of her offer
Oh okay that's great, thank you
Sanaa01
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Were these grades what she achieved upon retakes? Or her original grades?
ComicalUsername
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Sanaa01)
Were these grades what she achieved upon retakes? Or her original grades?
upon retake , her original grades were like bdeu
Sanaa01
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
upon retake , her original grades were like bdeu
Wow that’s amazing! She improved drastically
TheRealSaifali
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
retakes are generally ‘disapproved’ in some way when applying to specific medical schools (others are specific subjects or a one retake allowed). DDC is not what they want to see, as you have to disclose this even after achieving better grades in retakes.

Answer these questions and think over if medicines is for you:

Why did you achieve bad grades?
What made you choose medicine out of all careers?
What else would you like to do? (Nursing maybe an option with retakes at BCC + (cannot confirm)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (31)
19.02%
I'm not sure (3)
1.84%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (53)
32.52%
I have already dropped out (3)
1.84%
I'm not a current university student (73)
44.79%

Watched Threads