The Student Room Group

Who would you vote for in a Snap general election?

Scroll to see replies

Liberal Democrats.
Original post by CoolCavy
Lib dem, nothing to do with Brexit

Why then?
Labour. I mean Jeremy corbyn will win anyway.
I think the country is much better off under a Labour government, the tories are destroying the NHS, something very important for me, the leader of the lib dems has a horrible past when it comes to voting and would be no better than having a tory government.
Original post by Alt Tankie
Why then?

Same reason i voted for them last time.
The Brexit Party probably. Possibly labour if they have s good candidate.
Same reason i voted for them last time.

Which was? 😂
Which was? 😂

Labour is too extreme, don't like the conservatives either so lib dem is the only other remotely viable option
Original post by NotNotBatman

LOL

A corbyn government would be a disaster. Economy run into the ground like venezuela, with capital controls to prevent us fleeing to other countries. Obliteration.
Original post by DarthRoar
LOL

A corbyn government would be a disaster. Economy run into the ground like venezuela, with capital controls to prevent us fleeing to other countries. Obliteration.

I disagree.
I wish the different parties would form alliances... If Green, Lib Dem and Labour got together, then we might have a chance.
Lib Dems :biggrin:
Reply 31
Original post by NotNotBatman

It doesn’t seem that way at the moment. The Tories are ahead in all the polls and the bookies give them around a 75-80% chance of getting the most seats. This can all change of course.
Labour is too extreme, don't like the conservatives either so lib dem is the only other remotely viable option

What extremist policies do labour have?

Re-nationalisation of railways and scrapping tuition fees amongst others
Look i can tell by your profile picture you are pro-labour but i don't need 'convincing', i will vote for who i want to and would appreciate if you could respect this.
Original post by DarthRoar
LOL

And people say remainers are scaremongeres...

Well, let's look at a couple of them.

They plan to transfer 10% of large companies' shares (valued at about £300 billion) and allocate them to the employees. However, they will then only allow those employees to receive a maximum of £500 a year each from the dividend income of the shares they will 'own'. The rest, the vast majority, will be expropriated to the treasury. The current owners, pension funds (your parents' future, as well as yours), will lose 10% of their holdings as well as the dividend income in its entirety on the expropriated shares. Nobody will ever be tempted to invest new captial into the UK again, and companies will have a strong incentive to seek incorporation abroad.

They plan to introduce a right-to-buy scheme for the tenants of private landlords, not necessarily at market prices This will mean those private landlords will, in large numbers, get rid of their tenants before the scheme cuts in and sell in the market, move their mothers in, or keep the properties empty until the wind stops blowing. This could destroy the housing market (and won't give the unhoused any means of buying into it). In any event, the tenants are tenants because they cannot afford to buy or because they need flexibility. The former won't be helped unless there is a forced discount (which is confiscation of private or pension fund assets) and the latter will have a smaller choice of renting opportunities and may be forced to buy, compromising the former's desire to buy.
Reply 36
Original post by Notnek
It doesn’t seem that way at the moment. The Tories are ahead in all the polls and the bookies give them around a 75-80% chance of getting the most seats. This can all change of course.

Well.. The bookies were sure wrong when May called a snap election lmao. If you come to think of it, she's the reason all this is happening. Had she not got a bit too big for her boots and called a snap election, she'd have had a majority by far and got the deal through.
Original post by harrysbar
Pretty sure the economy's already stuffed

You must be reciding in another country then...
Original post by Nuttyy
Well.. The bookies were sure wrong when May called a snap election lmao. If you come to think of it, she's the reason all this is happening. Had she not got a bit too big for her boots and called a snap election, she'd have had a majority by far and got the deal through.

I'm glad it didn't get through. It was an awful deal. We'd be in the EU still
Excellent to see so many Lib Dem supporters. :grin:

My local MP (Stephen Twigg) is stepping down so it ultimately will depend on who is available in their place, though there will be a Labour MP here for a long time to come regardless of central party leadership.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending