Who would you vote for in a Snap general election? Watch

Poll: Who would you vote for?
The Conservative and Unionist Party (90)
20%
The Labour Party (133)
29.56%
The Liberal Democrat (133)
29.56%
The Green Party (25)
5.56%
The Brexit party (38)
8.44%
Change U.K. (or whatever their called) (2)
0.44%
The SNP (6)
1.33%
Plaid (1)
0.22%
The DUP (4)
0.89%
Sinn Fein (3)
0.67%
A local independent (4)
0.89%
Other. (11)
2.44%
Plagioclase
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by SMEGGGY)
Conservative

Labour will ruin the economy
I can't even... is this satire?
SMEGGGY
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Plagioclase)
I can't even... is this satire?
You don't have any memory of the last time Labour was in. Lucky you...
NotNotBatman
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Notnek)
It doesn’t seem that way at the moment. The Tories are ahead in all the polls and the bookies give them around a 75-80% chance of getting the most seats. This can all change of course.
In his constituency.
Rakas21
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Conservative.

A vote for any other party is a vote for Corbyn.
Sir Cumference
  • Study Helper
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Nuttyy)
Well.. The bookies were sure wrong when May called a snap election lmao. If you come to think of it, she's the reason all this is happening. Had she not got a bit too big for her boots and called a snap election, she'd have had a majority by far and got the deal through.
The bookies are usually correct with politics odds, otherwise they wouldn’t make any money! Times when they are wrong stick in people’s minds, especially if they happened recently.

They’re just saying that there’s a higher probability that the Tories will win but that doesn’t mean they will.
04MR17
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Don't make these assumptions. Plagioclase is extremely old actually.
The Mogg
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I think it's pretty obvious who I would vote for...
Spoiler:
Show
Labour of course...
NoraSmith
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Conservative
AngryJellyfish
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Lib Dem, though Plaid would take this seat, as it has done my entire life.
BlueIndigoViolet
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by AngryJellyfish)
Lib Dem, though Plaid would take this seat, as it has done my entire life.
Better than living in a Conservative safe seat , though LD were the 2nd biggest - first past the post nonsense
harrysbar
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
You must be reciding in another country then...
No I reside in the UK and am also old enough to remember when Labour were last in government. Whilst there were economic problems then too, at least schools and the NHS was better funded and young people could afford to get on the property ladder
Rakas21
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Kinyonga)
I wish the different parties would form alliances... If Green, Lib Dem and Labour got together, then we might have a chance.
The Greens and Libs will form an alliance in England because i expect they'll got for outright revoke. Labour will not be able to because there is no way in seven hells Corbyn and co will go further than a neverendum.
(Original post by 04MR17)
Excellent to see so many Lib Dem supporters. :grin:

My local MP (Stephen Twigg) is stepping down so it ultimately will depend on who is available in their place, though there will be a Labour MP here for a long time to come regardless of central party leadership.
Alternate uni or home constituency?
04MR17
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Rakas21)
The Greens and Libs will form an alliance in England because i expect they'll got for outright revoke. Labour will not be able to because there is no way in seven hells Corbyn and co will go further than a neverendum.

Alternate uni or home constituency?
Mr Twigg's constituency is my home. At university we've got Gareth Snell which is a different kettle of fish altogether. But that area is politically weird anyway so I'm not sure what will happen there.
Rakas21
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by 04MR17)
Mr Twigg's constituency is my home. At university we've got Gareth Snell which is a different kettle of fish altogether. But that area is politically weird anyway so I'm not sure what will happen there.
I assume youll be registering to vote in Stoke then since that seat looks more interesting.
04MR17
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I assume youll be registering to vote in Stoke then since that seat looks more interesting.
The Conservative candidate there may well end up being a good friend of mine, and I really don't want to vote against him but I honestly cannot bring myself to vote Conservative. Could be a good old spoilt ballot for me.
Plagioclase
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(1) I do, and I'm not sure why you believe that the global financial crisis is the fault of Labour's domestic policies.
(2) I don't support Labour. I'm pointing out the irony of you supporting the Conservatives, a party fanatically desperate to commit the UK to economic irrelevancy and ruin, whilst claiming that Labour is going to create economic problems. There are many reasons why one might want to vote Conservative but for the economy? You must be joking. The Conservatives replaced any sense of fiscal responsibility with rabid nationalism and anti-intellectualism in 2016.
Last edited by Plagioclase; 2 weeks ago
Kinyonga
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Corbyn should step down. He's preventing so many people from voting Labour
alexgmt
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Kinyonga)
Corbyn should step down. He's preventing so many people from voting Labour
This is pure fantasy. The only way a Labour leader has won a majority in recent years is by begging at the knees of the Murdoch press, even Milliband was too left wing for our ludicrously right wing propaganda barons. It doesn't matter who's in charge if most every paper backs the tories. Who would even replace Corbyn?
Alt Tankie
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by CoolCavy)
Re-nationalisation of railways and scrapping tuition fees amongst others
Look i can tell by your profile picture you are pro-labour but i don't need 'convincing', i will vote for who i want to and would appreciate if you could respect this.
I’m not actually particularly pro labour though I support Corbyn and will be voting for the Brexit party.

Im not trying to convince you I’m trying to understand why you think nationalising the railways is extremist unless you’re some sort of objectivist , I find it pretty odd to be honest.
Plagioclase
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by CoolCavy)
Labour is too extreme
Re-nationalisation of railways and scrapping tuition fees amongst others
TIL most of Europe is extreme
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What's your favourite genre?

Rock (201)
23.96%
Pop (208)
24.79%
Jazz (33)
3.93%
Classical (46)
5.48%
Hip-Hop (162)
19.31%
Electronic (57)
6.79%
Indie (132)
15.73%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise