LeeTheDork
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hey! This is my first ever gyg and I'm doing it in hopes it'll encourage me to keep working hard in Y11.

Subjects I'm taking:
AQA English literature
AQA English language
(Conflict poetry, Macbeth, Jekyll and Hyde, Inspector calls)
Edexcel Maths higher
AQA History
(Conflict between East and West, Britain: Health and the people, Elizabethan England, Germany 1918-1945)
AQA Trilogy science higher
AQA Art
AQA French higher
AQA Psychology
AQA Media Studies
AQA RE

Year 10 Mock grades (please note I didn't revise bc I'm an idiot):
English Literature- 6 (two marks off a 7)
English Language- 6 (two marks off a 7)
Maths- 6 (5 on my sheet but my school raised the boundaries to make it harder)
RE- 4 (I got a 7 last year so yepppp that's rlly not good)
Science- 5-5
History- 6 (I got an 8 at the end of year 9 so it's not good)
Art- 8 (7 marks off a 9 which isn't much in art)
Media Studies- 6 in exams and predicted 7-9 in coursework
Psychology- 6 (not good for me)
French- 4 (as I'm doing higher, I need to raise this)

I don't know my predicted grades but will find out soon

Future (A level) education:
I'm thinking of taking English Literature, History and Art but (if i take four) might take Psychology

Future, future (uni) education:
I'm thinking about studying law at uni and am considering cambridge tho I doubt I'll get it so Warwick seems more likely.
Last edited by LeeTheDork; 1 year ago
mez_merising
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
cambridge* but hey good luck with y11 im sure you'll smash it..oof you took art well good luck with that especially!!
all the best
LeeTheDork
Rep:
?
(Original post by mez_merising)
cambridge* but hey good luck with y11 im sure you'll smash it..oof you took art well good luck with that especially!!
all the best
Thanks, that's nice to hear! Oof that typo ahh. Art's a lot of work but I enjoy it a lot
LeeTheDork
Rep:
?
Update 1#
Friday 11th October, 2019

Feelings so far:
Only around 6 weeks into Year 11 and GOD I'm already stressed out as hell. It seems like every 10 minutes a teacher is setting me a new piece of homework :')
Productivity levels have definitely slipped due to the fact that I'm drowning in work and once I finish it I get v tired and don't wanna make revision materials or do practice questions.
Did I mention that I'm STRESSED? Yeah, really really stressed, can't wait to see how much worse that gets as the year continues!
I have no clue how I'm going to get the grades I want (which I failed to mention in post and so will post one dedicated to it so that it doesn't get lost into the sea of ramblings this post has became!

How tests have gone so far:
I had a B12 biology test (trilogy) and that went really well! I got 44/55 and considering we hadn't covered all the topics on the test at the time of taking it, I was pretty chuffed with that......
And then I got my non calculator Maths test back.... Oh, my maths test.....
I got 13 out of 60... Now, to be fair to myself, even the bright people in my class (which is top set) got marks in the 20s to 30s so clearly the test was just very difficult, HOWEVER that was still VERY BAD so I clearly need to work on my maths A LOT. At least I know now I guess.....
The psych test I took went okay I think? I think??? Maybe??? Perhaps???? Hopefully??? Yeah, I'm really not sure now
I had the maths calculator today and I MANAGED TO FINISH IT which is more than I can say about the non-calc so yeah! I actually feel confident that I got at least 2 questions right (again, wayy more than I can say about the first test) and there were only four questions I felt iffy on but I managed to put something down for every question so we can hope and pray it went okay (I get it back Wednesday)

To summarise the current experience:
AAHHH HELP I NEED HELP.
LeeTheDork
Rep:
?
Update #2
Friday 18th October, 2019

I got moved to foundation for our trial speaking for french because of my year 10 exams... My teacher wants to talk w/ me about it because my grade was impacted by my writing so learning vocab should quickly fix that problem but I'm still scared that I'm not going to get the 6 I want.....Honestly, I don't understand how I'm going to get any of the grades I want at GCSE
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (514)
33.64%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (633)
41.43%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (312)
20.42%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (69)
4.52%

Watched Threads