duaanaveeed
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
hi, anyone on here going to the medical uni in dnipro? how is the uni?it would be of major help if someone could sort out a few questions for me. thanks
LuigiMario
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Full disclaimer: I do not go there

I just read widely, including in Russian/Ukrainian cultures - and although it might be a great option for some students, and will likely get better, there are some interesting questions about Dnipro

for example https://dnepr.politeka.net/ua/dnepr/...yvali-dvazhdy/

скандал у Дніпровському медичному університеті Україна , [skandal u Dniprovsʹkomu medychnomu universyteti Ukrayina]

Quote/translation: The Main One/The Dnieper

Foreign students scandal breaks out in Dnipro: police called for exam twice

Police were summoned to the Dnipro Institute twice
32 foreign students with forged passports were found in a private institution of higher education "Dniprovsky Medical Institute of Traditional and Alternative Medicine".
This was reported in the press service of the Ministry of Health of Ukraine.
Thus, the Proctor of the Testing Center, during the identification procedure for the Unified Qualifying State Examination in the specialty “Medicine”, identified foreign students whose passports, in his opinion, were forged. He then called police twice.

“In 50 minutes, 7 law enforcement officials arrived at the institute. Law enforcement officers confirmed that the passports were forged and made the relevant act, ”the message reads.
However, 10 students managed to escape. Others were taken to the police.

Earlier, we reported that the University of the Dnieper inflated prices for students.

Dnipro National University named after Oles Honchar (DNU) inflated prices for dormitories. This was the reason for the University's unjustified transfer of UAH 1.7 million. This is stated in the published ruling of the Economic Court of Dnipropetrovsk region.
According to the document, the court filed a lawsuit with the department of social protection of the population of the Soborsky district of the Dnieper. It requires the withdrawal from the State University of 1690 thousand UAH.

According to the results of the checks carried out by the Social Security Administration for the period from January 1, 2015 to December 31, 2018, it turned out that the University of Dnipro overestimated the cost of housing and communal services declared for reimbursement. As a result, the university received an excessive housing subsidy from the state. In turn, the overestimation of the cost of housing and communal services was a consequence of the overestimation of the cost of living in the dormitories of DNU. Thus, the university management unreasonably included the cost of maintaining houses and adjoining territories in the tariff.

So, please read widely, I like the fact reported above that when the police raided the medical uni in dnipro , that ten students managed to escape - does that read like a standard Module at A100 at Exeter? or an (available in Clearing 2019) Biomedical Science BSc (Hons) degree tutorial at the University of Bradford?

Oh, and the accom. prices appear to have been illegally inflated - this news report is from 8th August 2019, maybe it is "fake-news", think!
Last edited by LuigiMario; 1 year ago
Letty Kwenn
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
It's nice you just need to adapt and when you make friends you will enjoy it. you can message me if you have questions and I'll tell you about my experience.
Jj2355
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hello I just landed in Dnipro and was wondering if I can know more about your experience especially in regards to accommodation
Letty Kwenn
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Jj2355)
Hello I just landed in Dnipro and was wondering if I can know more about your experience especially in regards to accommodation
I applied through an agency and they helped me find accommodation, did you apply alone? if you applied alone you should take a hotel until you find yourself an apartment to rent. I will Pm you to give you further information
username4744850
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Letty Kwenn)
I applied through an agency and they helped me find accommodation, did you apply alone? if you applied alone you should take a hotel until you find yourself an apartment to rent. I will Pm you to give you further information
I applied through an agency too, and thankfully they managed to find an accomodation, What i am planning to do is stay there for 6 months and then once i meet other people hopefully rent out an apartment together.

I did come here quite early so there's barely any other students. What's the uni course and class structures like from your experience?
Augustine96
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by duaanaveeed)
hi, anyone on here going to the medical uni in dnipro? how is the uni?it would be of major help if someone could sort out a few questions for me. thanks
Hi I'm a student there
Anything I can help?
Aashiq
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
Can u plz give me some info about the uni, I mean how is the standard of education? And is it worth studying in this university compared to studying medicine in Bulgaria.Thanks
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With no certainty that exams next year wil take place, how does this make you feel?

More motivated (31)
25.41%
Less motivated (91)
74.59%

Watched Threads