safa2
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Do you apply to spring weeks in your first year if your on a 4 year course, but that's with a placement year which you may not even get?

Also if i do apply to spring weeks why do they all say they require predicated university grades? I'm starting uni this month, but I don't think i'm applicable to apply to any spring weeks- any help regarding this would be much appreciated?
PriceMechanism
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by safa2)
Do you apply to spring weeks in your first year if your on a 4 year course, but that's with a placement year which you may not even get?

Also if i do apply to spring weeks why do they all say they require predicated university grades? I'm starting uni this month, but I don't think i'm applicable to apply to any spring weeks- any help regarding this would be much appreciated?
So the idea behind a spring week is that it is meant to be used as a jump to an internship and then a graduate job.

Normally they mean 2 years from graduation (which just happens to be first year for most). So a 4 year course would mean you would do ideally do a spring in your second year.

If you are doing a placement year, then is it possible for you to switch courses mid-year? If so, it may be worth just putting a graduation date of July 2022 (assuming you begin this September) to make you eligible for SWs.
safa2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by PriceMechanism)
So the idea behind a spring week is that it is meant to be used as a jump to an internship and then a graduate job.

Normally they mean 2 years from graduation (which just happens to be first year for most). So a 4 year course would mean you would do ideally do a spring in your second year.

If you are doing a placement year, then is it possible for you to switch courses mid-year? If so, it may be worth just putting a graduation date of July 2022 (assuming you begin this September) to make you eligible for SWs.
Do you know anything about the predicated grades stuff? As i dont get how i can apply to Goldman Sachs without gpa- grades etc.
PriceMechanism
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by safa2)
Do you know anything about the predicated grades stuff? As i dont get how i can apply to Goldman Sachs without gpa- grades etc.
Well... GS doesnt have any predicted grades just be on-track for a 2;1.

Some places ask for a minimum of ABB or even AAB, but if it doesnt specify then dont read into it too muchm
safa2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Well... GS doesnt have any predicted grades just be on-track for a 2;1.

Some places ask for a minimum of ABB or even AAB, but if it doesnt specify then dont read into it too muchm
Thank you, I put none for goldman sachs as i haven't been given a predicted grade by uni like the 2;1 thing.
thanks anyway!
PriceMechanism
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by safa2)
Thank you, I put none for goldman sachs as i haven't been given a predicted grade by uni like the 2;1 thing.
thanks anyway!
Honestly, just write predicted first, I did that and got 3 SW offers (not at GS, but other Big 4 places)...
MajorFader
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
Honestly, just write predicted first, I did that and got 3 SW offers (not at GS, but other Big 4 places)...
Seriously? What do you study?

I have always wondered about predicted grades from uni.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top

Are you attending a Global Climate Strike?

Yes, I'm striking (19)
7.92%
No, but I wanted to/I support the cause (135)
56.25%
No (86)
35.83%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed