CMSMITH96
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
I am due to leave my current job to start uni at Durham at the end of September but my boss has just asked if I will stay on with them. If I continue working alongside my studies at Uni, how will this affect my student finance application?
Liverpool Hope University
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by CMSMITH96)
I am due to leave my current job to start uni at Durham at the end of September but my boss has just asked if I will stay on with them. If I continue working alongside my studies at Uni, how will this affect my student finance application?
Hello,

If you are providing financial information for your funding it will be taken into consideration for next years funding. Be aware that the amount you earn that is taxable will be is taken into consideration if this is the case. You can always see how much you need to earn before it affect how much you are receiving right now.

If you aren't providing financial figures for your student finance but your parents are then you need not worry about this.

Patrick :lep:
CMSMITH96
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Liverpool Hope University)
Hello,

If you are providing financial information for your funding it will be taken into consideration for next years funding. Be aware that the amount you earn that is taxable will be is taken into consideration if this is the case. You can always see how much you need to earn before it affect how much you are receiving right now.

If you aren't providing financial figures for your student finance but your parents are then you need not worry about this.

Patrick :lep:
Thank you! I am living in my home and I have already sent in evidence to show I have self supported for the past three years so it is going off my wages/income alone. Luckily, this means I qualify for the top up bit of the maintenance loan but I will still need to work to be able to afford to continue living in my house as £8500 isn't really enough to live on and pay all the bills. I think I will have to give SFE a call to discuss what I can do.
Liverpool Hope University
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by CMSMITH96)
Thank you! I am living in my home and I have already sent in evidence to show I have self supported for the past three years so it is going off my wages/income alone. Luckily, this means I qualify for the top up bit of the maintenance loan but I will still need to work to be able to afford to continue living in my house as £8500 isn't really enough to live on and pay all the bills. I think I will have to give SFE a call to discuss what I can do.
Hi CMSMITH96

Some universities offer part time work on campus which would work around your studies and your timetabled hours. For example we offer HopeWorks offering work around campus and an Employability Hub that promotes suitable external vacancies.

Another option is to see if your university offers any Bursaries and/or Scholarships to assist you financially.

You could always contact your university and ask about what is available.

Hope this helps
Amy
Last edited by Liverpool Hope University; 1 week ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Regent's University London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 19 Sep '19
  • Durham University
    Pre-Application Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 20 Sep '19
  • Loughborough University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 20 Sep '19

What's your favourite genre?