dshabani
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
How effective was Theresa May as Prime Minister leading party and the country?
nulli tertius
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by dshabani)
How effective was Theresa May as Prime Minister leading party and the country?
Her reputation will be judged by whether Boris' term ends very shortly in ignominious failure or something that is or can be spun as success.
moso2203
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I've got less than no sympathy for her. She didn't publicly break down over the victims of Windrush, who, because of her policies, were driven from their homes, denied medical care, and even kicked out the country.

She didn't cry publicly over the dozens of working-class people who burned to death in Grenfell Tower. She didn't weep publicly over those who've had their benefits stripped from them, those driven to food banks because of her policies, victims of Universal Credit

I think our media can often express far more sympathy for the powerful - in her care she will lead no doubt a comfortable and affluent life to her very end, rather than the victims of their policies, who I'm afraid have been driven to misery, insecurity and turmoil as a direct result. Let's think about those people.

- Owen Jones
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you attending a Global Climate Strike?

Yes, I'm striking (39)
7.59%
No, but I wanted to/I support the cause (299)
58.17%
No (176)
34.24%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed