Side affects of antidepressants? Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
So I’ve been told many times that a possible side affect of taking Prozac is to feel more depressed than before, but when would this happen? Ik it takes like a month before you start feeling better, but is this the same amount of time for feeing worse? Or is it more within a few days?
I started taking it literally only the other day but I am just Hella Depressed atm and I don’t know if that’s just me or what
Anyway if anyone knows thank ye
olivia.francesca
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Stick with it for at least a month if I doesn’t improve speak to a gp. You could also be on the wrong dosage. Be careful with the placebo effect also. If you think your antidepressants are making you worse and not helping then they will not work
jemima0103
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I take one prozac 20mg a day and I would recommend to stick with it. I take it for anxiety and depression, and yes, initially you can feel worse. My anxiety was so bad in the first week that I went to A&E. It's now been over 2 months and I as well as most people around me think it's starting to make a difference. There is definitely a sense of confidence and optimism in me that I haven't felt in a long time. It's not a miracle cure though and there is good and bad days. It's been quite hard this week because I've just started year 12
bones-mccoy
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
It can initially make you feel worse as it increases motivation before mood so if you're feeling suicidal you're more likely to do something about it, which is why it's recommended that someone you live with or see regularly knows you've started meds so they can watch out for any changes in your behaviour. If you've only been taking it for a few days though, it's unlikely your mood or any of your symptoms have drastically changed.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top

Are you attending a Global Climate Strike?

Yes, I'm striking (8)
6.45%
No, but I wanted to/I support the cause (69)
55.65%
No (47)
37.9%

Watched Threads