Student finance for placement year Watch

R19an
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Hi, I am going into the 2nd year of a 3 year long course. I am entitled to student finance funding to cover the full 3 years however I am thinking about doing a placement year.

Before I started the course, I only had 3 more years of student finance funding left (dropped out of a previous course). So what happens if I want to do a placement year? The course will now be 4 years long and even though I'll be on a placement, I believe you still have to pay some tuition fees for that year so will I have to pay for that myself?
OR321
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I think placement years are a lot cheaper at like £1k/£2k so I think you may be able to pay yourself
R19an
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
(Original post by OR321)
I think placement years are a lot cheaper at like £1k/£2k so I think you may be able to pay yourself
Ok cheers. That's not too bad then. £1k/£2k is still a bit steep giving that I wont be stepping foot in uni for the whole year lol
OR321
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by R19an)
Ok cheers. That's not too bad then. £1k/£2k is still a bit steep giving that I wont be stepping foot in uni for the whole year lol
True but you should still check with the uni and student finance, coz they may make you pay for one of the other years instead
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Durham University
    Pre-Application Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 20 Sep '19
  • Loughborough University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 20 Sep '19
  • University of Oxford
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 20 Sep '19

What's your favourite genre?