Does Jeremy Corbyn have a chance at getting in at number 10 Watch

jezza lover
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
what are his chances, this country needs him not a clown like Boris Johnson?
Amy-Kennedy
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Sadly it’s very low unless a no brexit goes through and he gets voted out or a general election happens where Corbyn is voted it
josh75
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Amy-Kennedy)
Sadly it’s very low unless a no brexit goes through and he gets voted out or a general election happens where Corbyn is voted it
A no deal brexit will kill corbyns chances regardless, if we do badly no one will vote for him because he supported brexit in general and if we do ok no one will vote for him becuase of his constant attempts to technocratically upend democracy
Amy-Kennedy
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by josh75)
A no deal brexit will kill corbyns chances regardless, if we do badly no one will vote for him because he supported brexit in general and if we do ok no one will vote for him because of his constant attempts to technocratically upend democracy
I also think that because of his links to organisations to the IRA and other groups his chance of becoming prime minister is very very slim. But with Johnson in charge it seems like anything can happen at this point 😂
josh75
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Amy-Kennedy)
I also think that because of his links to organisations to the IRA and other groups his chance of becoming prime minister is very very slim. But with Johnson in charge it seems like anything can happen at this point 😂
I think you underestimate boris likeability, the only demographics of people that absolutely hate him are young people in education and Londoners
MagnumKoishi
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I think you underestimate boris likeability, the only demographics of people that absolutely hate him are young people in education and Londoners
Yeah, if you forget about brexit, Boris has actually done a lot of good things for the country (or at least pledged to, and seems to be following through) and the popularity of the party is surging. It's just some people (as you say, students and londoners) who are very anti-brexit just focus on his brexit policy without paying any attention to the good things he's doing
Joe5001
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Well you seem to forget BORRIS was NOT born in the United Kingdom,

Corbyn is an Idiot and you only like him cos he is white. , Borris is too American for me.
Rakas21
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by jezza lover)
what are his chances, this country needs him not a clown like Boris Johnson?
I tend to believe that Corbyn is likely to lose. While he entered the 2015 with a similarly poor perception he was relatively unknown, the people choosing to vote for other parties like the Lib Dem’s are the people who voted for Corbyn in 2017, so they have actively decided he is incompetent.

Moreover I think the election delay tactic could bite him. The logic of delay is Boris having to extend is embarrassing and he’ll gain more from that than being viewed as a chicken or ditherer however there is a very real risk that Boris paints himself as the wounded deer and all Corbyn does is anger Brx Party supporters who blame Corbyn rather than Boris.

And finally (most important), the opposition already have a majority in parliament now. If the Lib Dem’s we’re prepared to stomach a Corbyn government they would be.

Finally I am watching today’s Politics Live right now and Joe Swinson has said plain as day that even if Boris resigned in October rather than extend, she would still refuse to make Corbyn Prime Minister.

Corbyn is being pushed into a delay to ally with remainers who utterly despise him.
imlikeahermit
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I think we could end up with a Labour/Lib Dem coalition to be fair. He's certainly more electable to the electorate than Boris Johnson is.
Andrew97
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
The only door to number 10 corbyn is gonna open is the one on his advent calendar.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What's your favourite genre?

Rock (199)
24.24%
Pop (202)
24.6%
Jazz (33)
4.02%
Classical (46)
5.6%
Hip-Hop (155)
18.88%
Electronic (54)
6.58%
Indie (132)
16.08%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise