The Student Room Group

Is it better to give him space or make contact

So I think the guy I am seeing needs some space or he is no longer interested in me, since he hasn't replied to any of my messages for the past two days.

I miss him and want to speak to him but I don't wanna come across as desperate by messaging him more if he isn't happy to talk. He told me before that he is always very upfront with people so I'd like to think that if he does wanna call things off then he'd just message me and tell me straight but maybe he's just ignoring me completely hoping I'll just forget about it and move on

should I just wait it out and hope he gets in contact or should I keep trying ?
Original post by Anonymous
So I think the guy I am seeing needs some space or he is no longer interested in me, since he hasn't replied to any of my messages for the past two days.

I miss him and want to speak to him but I don't wanna come across as desperate by messaging him more if he isn't happy to talk. He told me before that he is always very upfront with people so I'd like to think that if he does wanna call things off then he'd just message me and tell me straight but maybe he's just ignoring me completely hoping I'll just forget about it and move on

Just suck him off
Reply 2
Just suck him off

well that's not gonna happen if he's ignoring me...
Are you sending messages via one single platform? Is there any remote chance he hasn't been getting them? Or is it showing he's read them? If it was me, I would send a message along the lines of "You obviously don't want to speak to me at the moment, and I don't know why. I'm not going to carry on messaging you, but would appreciate an explanation if and when you feel ready." And then just leave it.

But, if my boyfriend had ignored me completely for two days, I would assume we were no longer together in his eyes. You can be as busy as you like, but I refuse to believe that anyone in the world is too busy to send a text either apologising for being busy, or at the very least saying good morning or good night. It's fair enough if you have a casual, laid back relationship and don't speak for days on end - but the fact that you're trying to speak to him and he's ignoring you isn't fair, and it doesn't indicate to me that he cares about you very much.
Reply 4
Original post by xoxAngel_Kxox
Are you sending messages via one single platform? Is there any remote chance he hasn't been getting them? Or is it showing he's read them? If it was me, I would send a message along the lines of "You obviously don't want to speak to me at the moment, and I don't know why. I'm not going to carry on messaging you, but would appreciate an explanation if and when you feel ready." And then just leave it.

But, if my boyfriend had ignored me completely for two days, I would assume we were no longer together in his eyes. You can be as busy as you like, but I refuse to believe that anyone in the world is too busy to send a text either apologising for being busy, or at the very least saying good morning or good night. It's fair enough if you have a casual, laid back relationship and don't speak for days on end - but the fact that you're trying to speak to him and he's ignoring you isn't fair, and it doesn't indicate to me that he cares about you very much.

We only talk on WhatsApp as he doesn't have other social media, but he has been online a lot of the time and so clearly has been on WhatsApp.... he doesn't read the messages I have sent...but it shows they've all been delivered.

before this we messaged every day and would be saying good morning and good night ect so its really out of character for him to suddenly just cut me out and pretend like I don't exist. As much as it pains me to say it doesn't feel like we're together anymore
We only talk on WhatsApp as he doesn't have other social media, but he has been online a lot of the time and so clearly has been on WhatsApp.... he doesn't read the messages I have sent...but it shows they've all been delivered.

before this we messaged every day and would be saying good morning and good night ect so its really out of character for him to suddenly just cut me out and pretend like I don't exist. As much as it pains me to say it doesn't feel like we're together anymore

Then I hate to say it but he’s ignoring you. Just move on
Reply 6
Then I hate to say it but he’s ignoring you. Just move on

It’s really upsetting cause the last message he sent was telling me goodnight with kiss emojis ect
It’s really upsetting cause the last message he sent was telling me goodnight with kiss emojis ect

No offence but can I ask how old you are. It makes much more sense if I knew that. If he’s older then he’s moved on

With WhatsApp you must have their phone number right? Try to text him and maybe he will read the text, and you can explain how you are feeling and how he should tell you straight up what is going on. Try not to be too worried as its only 2 days currently.

Honestly, that's the worst especially when they preach they're always upfront about their intentions, feelings etc. I would leave him until he messages you back. If you've already attempted then yeah, don't keep messaging him. Wait until he replies and he doesn't, then I guess you just move on. Do you follow him on social media? [not trying to sound stalkerish but if he's active on insta for example, it would be a little sketchy for him not to reply]

Just read this now. Yeah, if he's been active on Whatsapp and he's been ignoring you still then, yeah, I hate to say it but I think he's ghosting you intentionally there. I mean----you could always send a message for closure like 'I guess we're doing chatting then' and see if he responds to that. But he if doesn't then yeah, I would move on. It sucks. I went through that situation. Spoke to a guy for five weeks, supposed to be going on a date the next day and he ghosted me. No explanation.
No offence but can I ask how old you are. It makes much more sense if I knew that. If he’s older then he’s moved on

I’m 21 and he’s 24
Yeh it’s obvious he knows what he’s doing given I’ve seen him be active on WhatsApp pretty regularly even when he’s at work so clearly there’s others he’d be speaking to. We’ve been dating for over 2 months so it’s a bit frustrating that he can’t show some respect and be honest with me rather than just ignoring me completely....

And yeh sadly it seems that this happens a lot with guys. I guess he doesn’t want to hurt me and thinks that if he just says nothing then hopefully I will just stop speaking to him and then he can move on if he hasn’t already...

Honestly Hun... I would just forget him and move on. He knows how to contact you if he wants .. I wouldn’t waste any more Brain juice even thinking about him.
Yeh the only thing he uses social media wise is twitter and also linked in... he’s been active on both making posts ect so clearly he’s still very much using his phone and I don’t sense that anything major has happened since he’s clearly still been going to work ect
Original post by Angusburgerman
With WhatsApp you must have their phone number right? Try to text him and maybe he will read the text, and you can explain how you are feeling and how he should tell you straight up what is going on. Try not to be too worried as its only 2 days currently.

Yeh I do have his number but I know he’s been active on WhatsApp and WhatsApp is more helpful in terms of letting me know when people have read the messages ect so like if he wants to speak to me he can get back to me on that or he can ring me

Yeh it’s been only 2 days but we speak on a pretty constant basis so it feels like a lot longer :/
Yeh I do have his number but I know he’s been active on WhatsApp and WhatsApp is more helpful in terms of letting me know when people have read the messages ect so like if he wants to speak to me he can get back to me on that or he can ring me

Yeh it’s been only 2 days but we speak on a pretty constant basis so it feels like a lot longer :/

Something tells me you've been ghosted unfortunately. Just let him go he's not worth you or your time. If he does respond then very soon then you should have a serious conversation with him, otherwise yeah it's gone
Original post by Angusburgerman
Something tells me you've been ghosted unfortunately. Just let him go he's not worth you or your time. If he does respond then very soon then you should have a serious conversation with him, otherwise yeah it's gone

Yeh he’s just clearly decided he doesn’t wanna chat and I think he’s probs got back with his ex cause he’s deffo been chatting to someone on WhatsApp like he will be online late at night ect when usually he only is if he’s chatting to me...
Yeh he’s just clearly decided he doesn’t wanna chat and I think he’s probs got back with his ex cause he’s deffo been chatting to someone on WhatsApp like he will be online late at night ect when usually he only is if he’s chatting to me...

Hope it works out. Sorry to hear that.

You needed someone to respect you in the sense that if they didn’t care they would let u know

Quick Reply

Latest