This discussion is closed.
Gabriellajas
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi guys, I’m considering applying for Nottingham, but I’m not sure if I’m a strong enough candidate. On the Nottingham website, they say the first stage is scored by converting your UCAT and GCSE results into points:

https://www.nottingham.ac.uk/medicin...selection.aspx

I scored 46/56 in the initial assessment - do you think this will be okay? What have other people scored?

Thank you!
Daniel100499
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Gabriellajas)
Hi guys, I’m considering applying for Nottingham, but I’m not sure if I’m a strong enough candidate. On the Nottingham website, they say the first stage is scored by converting your UCAT and GCSE results into points:

I scored 46/56 in the initial assessment - do you think this will be okay? What have other people scored?

Thank you!
I was offered a place for medicine at 3 different universities, I didn’t apply for Nottingham but based on my results I got 40/56 so I’m sure you’ll be fine
Gabriellajas
Rep:
?
Okay that’s very reassuring!! What was your UCAT score and where did you get offers?
Gabriellajas
Rep:
?
(Original post by Daniel100499)
I was offered a place for medicine at 3 different universities, I didn’t apply for Nottingham but based on my results I got 40/56 so I’m sure you’ll be fine
Okay that’s very reassuring!! What was your UCAT score and where did you get offers?
Daniel100499
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I don’t remember individual scores but I got 720 average and band 3 (some unis don’t use sjt bands)

I got offers from Exeter, plymouth, and Liverpool

GCSEs
7x A
3x B
1x C

A-levels AAA (bio Chem maths)

I know a lot of people on here are convinced med schools won’t accept them without straight A* and perfect ucat scores, but that’s not the case, I hope my results give you more confidence in your application
Gabriellajas
Rep:
?
(Original post by Daniel100499)
I don’t remember individual scores but I got 720 average and band 3 (some unis don’t use sjt bands)

I got offers from Exeter, plymouth, and Liverpool

GCSEs
7x A
3x B
1x C

A-levels AAA (bio Chem maths)

I know a lot of people on here are convinced med schools won’t accept them without straight A* and perfect ucat scores, but that’s not the case, I hope my results give you more confidence in your application
Hmmm you had a very strong UCAT score - mine is very poor. 605 average + band 1 SJT very worries it’s not good enough as it’s below average.

My Nottingham score is only relatively high due to scoring full marks in the GCSE sections, but I worry that student with better UCAT scores will still exceed me
wildern1217
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago

Thank you!
Hi,

I’m not sure if you have already posted in the ‘which medical school should I apply to mgeathread’ but if not I recommend it as they know a lot more than me.

I think your score will probably be quite close to the cut off for Nottingham (people in the mega thread have suggested 46) so you aren’t guaranteed an interview but have a good chance.

If you really like Nottingham I would apply and then choose 3 others which are a bit safer or guarantee you an interview.

Best of luck with your application.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 20 Oct '19
  • University for the Creative Arts
    Sun, 20 Oct '19
  • University of Gloucestershire
    Sun, 20 Oct '19

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (96)
68.57%
No I haven't decided yet (27)
19.29%
Yes but I might change my mind (17)
12.14%

Watched Threads