Lauododns
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Was just wondering if anyone could help me out. Everytime I do my make up my makeup separates around my nose,forehead chin ect , like it would when you’ve had it on for a while. I’ve tried so much too try stop it like not putting on moisturiser, Letting my moisturiser sink in For ages , different combinations of foundation and concealer ect...nothing works ? Any tips? Or anyone know why it happens? maybe I’m just rubbish at makeup🤷🏽*♀️
Ilovebeef19
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Lauododns)
Was just wondering if anyone could help me out. Everytime I do my make up my makeup separates around my nose,forehead chin ect , like it would when you’ve had it on for a while. I’ve tried so much too try stop it like not putting on moisturiser, Letting my moisturiser sink in For ages , different combinations of foundation and concealer ect...nothing works ? Any tips? Or anyone know why it happens? maybe I’m just rubbish at makeup🤷🏽*♀️
Are you using a primer? Or powder? And after you've put your foundation on, spray some setting spray over it and the same when you put powder on.
Silver_Rose
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
So I had the EXACT same problem until I used aveeno daily moisturising lotion. It works miracles let me tell you. So what I do is, I use a cleanser with a cotton wool pad around my face, and then again with a cotton wool pad, I apply the aveeno moisturiser and leave to set in for 6-10 minutes, to the point your skin still feels slightly wet but absorbed enough. And use liquid foundation with a brush. Works for me.
Lauododns
Rep:
?
(Original post by Ilovebeef19)
Are you using a primer? Or powder? And after you've put your foundation on, spray some setting spray over it and the same when you put powder on.
I don’t really use primer anymore cause it made my makeup separate more but I use a little bit of powder underneath my eyes but that’s it cause it emphasises the separation when I use powder. I always spray the Mario badescu spray over my face after each step and pat it back in with a beauty blender and then at the end I use a setting spray but by then it’s already separated
Lauododns
Rep:
?
(Original post by Silver_Rose)
So I had the EXACT same problem until I used aveeno daily moisturising lotion. It works miracles let me tell you. So what I do is, I use a cleanser with a cotton wool pad around my face, and then again with a cotton wool pad, I apply the aveeno moisturiser and leave to set in for 6-10 minutes, to the point your skin still feels slightly wet but absorbed enough. And use liquid foundation with a brush. Works for me.
I have the aveeno moisturiser and use it occasionally. So I’ll try that method tomorrow thank you!!
PollyParrot23
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Did the aveeno moisturiser work? If not, have you tried using a different brand of foundation. I've found that certain brands of foundation look awful on me, like I've tried several L'oreal products that just don't agree with me for whatever reason. I found Revlon colourstay works really well with a small amount and you can get it for dry skin or oily skin depending on what you need.

People may disagree with me here but I've found applying my foundation with my fingers to be the best applicator for me. Washing my hands with antibac soap then heating the foundation by rubbing my fingers together.

The other thing I've found through personal experience that pains me to remember is the amount of foundation. I suffered with acne as a teenager and my response was to cake on foundation and powder and it left my skin both dry and shiny. A really awful look. Foundation even skin, concealer does the rest. Try using a teeny amount of foundation to smooth over your face, use a dot of concealer blended out with a small brush for anything you want to further hide, let it sit for a few minutes then dab your powder brush in powder, tap the majority off then swirl over your face.

Best of luck!
Lauododns
Rep:
?
(Original post by PollyParrot23)
Did the aveeno moisturiser work? If not, have you tried using a different brand of foundation. I've found that certain brands of foundation look awful on me, like I've tried several L'oreal products that just don't agree with me for whatever reason. I found Revlon colourstay works really well with a small amount and you can get it for dry skin or oily skin depending on what you need.

People may disagree with me here but I've found applying my foundation with my fingers to be the best applicator for me. Washing my hands with antibac soap then heating the foundation by rubbing my fingers together.

The other thing I've found through personal experience that pains me to remember is the amount of foundation. I suffered with acne as a teenager and my response was to cake on foundation and powder and it left my skin both dry and shiny. A really awful look. Foundation even skin, concealer does the rest. Try using a teeny amount of foundation to smooth over your face, use a dot of concealer blended out with a small brush for anything you want to further hide, let it sit for a few minutes then dab your powder brush in powder, tap the majority off then swirl over your face.

Best of luck!
No it didn’t sadly. I’ve tried quite a few different brands of foundation from the cheap ones too really expensive ones but it always separates. I’ve not tried using my fingers for foundation tho I might try that! Thank you. I already use minimal product as makeup settles in my smile lines and the lines under my eyes. Seems like I’m disagreeing with everything you’ve said too Be nasty but genuinely I’ve tried pretty much everything , apart from what you said about using your hands instead !
maiishaa-a
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Use a primer before applying your makeup and by the sounds of it, it seems like you have oily skin. The primer will help with controlling that and perhaps the foundation and concealer you are using isn't for oily or combination skin so try switching to a product for your skin type
maiishaa-a
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I don’t really use primer anymore cause it made my makeup separate more but I use a little bit of powder underneath my eyes but that’s it cause it emphasises the separation when I use powder. I always spray the Mario badescu spray over my face after each step and pat it back in with a beauty blender and then at the end I use a setting spray but by then it’s already separated
If you're going to use a beauty blender after using a setting spray whilst it's wet...it'll definitely separate. And don't set it after each step because you're just going to move the product around which will separate it even more so instead set it right at the end
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top

It is really important for me to be involved in helping make my university better

Strongly disagree (2)
9.52%
Disagree (2)
9.52%
Neither agree or disagree (7)
33.33%
Agree (6)
28.57%
Strongly Agree (4)
19.05%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise