MiddleChild
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
So my teacher hasn't explained how to properly cite and reference so I'm unsure if I have to cite myself if I include a quote from an interview I conducted?
lucyddf72
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
I would include the interview in its entirety in the Appendices and footnote it and cite it as App 1 or whatever number it is in your appendices. Hope that makes sense.
lucyddf72
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
I mean a transcript of the interview.. I’m assuming it’s not a published work. If it was you could cite it as normal without including in appendix.
MiddleChild
Rep:
?
(Original post by lucyddf72)
I would include the interview in its entirety in the Appendices and footnote it and cite it as App 1 or whatever number it is in your appendices. Hope that makes sense
yea that makes perfect sense, thanks
lucyddf72
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Your teacher really should be teaching you this stuff! Alternatively there must be a You Tube tutorial on Harvard Referencing which is the standard system used in the UK
MiddleChild
Rep:
?
Your teacher really should be teaching you this stuff! Alternatively there must be a You Tube tutorial on Harvard Referencing which is the standard system used in the UK
Yeah ikr but he left at the end of the year so didn't care too much. Another quick question, if I'm summarising an entire paragraph how do I cite that or would I have to put the little number after every sentence I've summarised?
lucyddf72
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
I would just put one little number after the entire paragraph .. just make it clear in your writing that you are paraphrasing a published source.. eg. Considering the complexity of factors impacting on such and such, Smith presents a compelling arguement that the rise of xyz could be attributed to abc.1 (small)
lucyddf72
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
It doesn’t have to be direct quote from a published source... you can paraphrase but yes still cite it in footnotes.. at the logical end of your paragaraph.
lucyddf72
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
What is your EPQ on? My daughter did one and got a B.
MiddleChild
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
What is your EPQ on? My daughter did one and got a B.
Alright that saves me a lot of time thank you so much. Im doing my epq about the reliability of forensic dentistry in accordance to criminal cases.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now? (select all that apply)

Lack of purpose or routine (74)
15.13%
Uncertainty around my education (81)
16.56%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (45)
9.2%
Isolating with family (31)
6.34%
Lack of support system (eg. Teachers, counsellors) (21)
4.29%
Lack of exercise/ability to be outside (40)
8.18%
Loneliness (47)
9.61%
Financial worries (18)
3.68%
Concern about myself or my loved ones getting ill (49)
10.02%
Exposure to negative news/social media (34)
6.95%
Lack of real life entertainment (eg. cinema, gigs, restaurants) (49)
10.02%

Watched Threads