byakuya kuchki
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by random_matt)
Really? Why do 70% of leave voters want a no deal then? They don't know of the consequences right?
Oh, I am sorry 70% of leave voters wat a no deal? where have you come up with that percentage? I guess talking **** is a chronic problem with people who want no deal, Boris Johnson included.
random_matt
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by byakuya kuchki)
Oh, I am sorry 70% of leave voters wat a no deal? where have you come up with that percentage? I guess talking **** is a chronic problem with people who want no deal, Boris Johnson included.
Calling John Curtice a liar?
byakuya kuchki
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by josh75)
Everyone unanimously agreed the checkers deal was trash, so no we cant accept it; its not just Boris that thought it was a bad idea. It is the EUs fault they could have easily offered us something that our mps would have voted on no one wants no deal if we can help it, the EU just wants to see us fall becuase it benefits them politically. Its also the fault of traitors like you think this country is some technocracy, and want to childishly overturn every democratic vote that doesn't go your way. We would have been 100 times better if you people would have just shut the **** up like your supposed to and support the country instead of acting like we will sink back into the ocean, or you could just leave. For god sake you people are so ****ign arrogant, everyone who voted leave knew we would take an economic hit, but even at worse we will recover from this in at best 5-10 years. Leaving the EU will make our country better for the next 50, by giving us back something more important that our GDP, sovereignty over the country from an increasingly authoritarian and bureaucratic mess; that has shown time and time again it doesn't care about what its member states actually want if it contradicts with the German vision for the future. I honestly suggest if your going to keep screaming bloody murder you emigrate to France, the way you speak you sound like one of them anyway.
I agree that the checkers deal was trash but given circumstances I think it was fair of them. You can't expect EU to tear itself apart just so they can accommodate us? they have their needs too. Hey, I am not trying to overturn anything and neither are a lot of MPs (except for Lib Dem, SNP etc). I am supportive of leaving but leaving *with a deal* in place. I simply don't believe that there is a democratic mandate for a No Deal Brexit as people did not vote to leave EU without a deal in the referendum. Clearly evident by the fact that Gove (who was a central figure in Vote Leave campaign) argued that "no one voted for no deal". But you are free to change my mind. We are getting back our sovereignty? We have not lost our sovereignty in first place. Every EU decision is made with the contribution of the UK. We hold the 3rd biggest voting share in the EU. We would lose more sovereignty if we crash out of the EU because then we won't have a say in their policy. Again, back to your point of sovereignty, what kind of sovereignty are we getting back when an unelected PM can prorogue Parliament or purge his party of 21 MPs? Lastly, to say that the EU "doesn't care about what its member states actually want" is a bit of a stretch in my opinion. EU has looked after its members states and its clearly evident after the 2008 financial crash where the EU pumped money into the failing PIIGS economy. Thanks for your suggestion of emigrating to Europe but I like where I am thanks. Maybe give that suggestion to Farage? I mean he did say on his LBC radio show on 27/03/2017 "If Brexit is a disaster, I will go and live abroad, I will go and live somewhere else". Maybe he should keep his word?
byakuya kuchki
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Calling John Curtice a liar?
Sources Please?
Realitysreflexx
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I dont know how you dont see this as a horrible idea, think about this on a basic level. The EU is not our friend in these negotiations as proven by the horrible deals they have offered us and the ridiculous money they are charging us for all these extensions; if they know we absolutely cannot not take a deal they will offer us a terrible one.
You voted to leave without proposals...
1 Nation is not more important than 27.
The UK already had plently of special rights due to it's "special EU deal".

It's uneducated blithe like you that shows the UK is doomed.
Last edited by Realitysreflexx; 1 week ago
random_matt
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Sources Please?
On the BBC website, go ahead.
Notoriety
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Sources Please?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-49551893
byakuya kuchki
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
On the BBC website, go ahead.
Do you mean this?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politi...eporting-story
It says that on average 44% of people oppose no deal Brexit compared to 38% who support...
it also states that "The answer lies in the views of those who did not vote three years ago. Only about one in five (21%) of non-voters support leaving without a deal, while twice as many (43%) are opposed." so yea, polls are a really bad way to judge anything.
Last edited by byakuya kuchki; 1 week ago
Notoriety
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Do you mean this?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politi...eporting-story
It says that on average 44% of people oppose no deal Brexit compared to 38% who support...
You said "Oh, I am sorry 70% of leave voters wat a no deal?" The link proves this to be the case.

In fact, 73% of Brexiteers who voted would be OK with leaving without a deal.
Archetypally
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Realitysreflexx)
You voted to leave without proposals...
1 Nation is not more important than 27.
The UK already had plently of special rights due to it's "special EU deal".

It's uneducated blithe like you that shows the UK is doomed.
Yes, because people present views that you consider uninformed on the STUDENT room, the nation is doomed.
byakuya kuchki
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Notoriety)
You said "Oh, I am sorry 70% of leave voters wat a no deal?" The link proves this to be the case.
Well, yea I will concede on that remark. My bad. But the point is that poll was taken in July of this year not when the vote happened... peoples feeling change? I mean it was also reported that after the referendum more then 1 million people regretted voting leave. Doesn't prove how people actually voted on that day. My Statistics teacher always used to tell me, if you want to lie use stats.
Realitysreflexx
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Archetypally)
Yes, because people present views that you consider uninformed on the STUDENT room, the nation is doomed.
Spoiler:
Show
Apparently the lack of education has spread beyond the studentroom
Notoriety
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Well, yea I will concede on that remark. My bad. But the point is that poll was taken in July of this year not when the vote happened... peoples feeling change? I mean it was also reported that after the referendum more then 1 million people regretted voting leave. Doesn't prove how people actually voted on that day. My Statistics teacher always used to tell me, if you want to lie use stats.
He obviously respected his subject and himself for working in the field of deceit.
Realitysreflexx
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago

In fact, 73% of Brexiteers who voted would be OK with leaving without a deal.
Wouldn't it be interesting to apply no deal to a portion of the UK.

Then apply remain to another portion.

Then run a pilot for 12 month's and see where everything stands.
_Wellies_
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Restrict debate XD we have had 3 years of that, and the MPs dont want discussion they want to disobey the electorate. Look at how many hard remain MP's are in leave constituencies. He shut down parliament because the political class of this country are trying to turn it into a technocracy.
These “hard remain MPs” in leave constituencies were elected by their leave supporting constituents in 2017.

Brexit supporters only have themselves to blame for the current makeup of Parliament.
byakuya kuchki
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
He obviously respected his subject and himself for working in the field of deceit.
hey, at least he respect the subject enough to say what it is truthfully. He was only stating the obvious, its common sense anyways. It would be like me conducting a poll on British Imperialism today asking if people supported it and let's assume that most people said that they don't. I then use that data to say that 'oh this is how people thought in the 1800s..' which is clearly not the case. People's opinion change....
Last edited by byakuya kuchki; 1 week ago
Notoriety
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by _Wellies_)
These “hard remain MPs” in leave constituencies were elected by their leave supporting constituents in 2017.

Brexit supporters only have themselves to blame for the current makeup of Parliament.
I put it on the people. The people who voted Leave; the people who voted to give a slim majority to Tories. The lack of clear majority made it impossible to get on with Brexit.
Joe5001
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by jay111a)
because leave voters consist of racist morons and rich people who can benefit from leaving the eu,
You could argue that people voted remain because they liked being in a group of countries with a white majority
winterscoming
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Really? Why do 70% of leave voters want a no deal then? They don't know of the consequences right?
70% of 52% is a minority of 36.4%, so clearly no democratic majority nor mandate for No Deal.
josh75
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I agree that the checkers deal was trash but given circumstances I think it was fair of them. You can't expect EU to tear itself apart just so they can accommodate us? they have their needs too. Hey, I am not trying to overturn anything and neither are a lot of MPs (except for Lib Dem, SNP etc). I am supportive of leaving but leaving *with a deal* in place. I simply don't believe that there is a democratic mandate for a No Deal Brexit as people did not vote to leave EU without a deal in the referendum. Clearly evident by the fact that Gove (who was a central figure in Vote Leave campaign) argued that "no one voted for no deal". But you are free to change my mind. We are getting back our sovereignty? We have not lost our sovereignty in first place. Every EU decision is made with the contribution of the UK. We hold the 3rd biggest voting share in the EU. We would lose more sovereignty if we crash out of the EU because then we won't have a say in their policy. Again, back to your point of sovereignty, what kind of sovereignty are we getting back when an unelected PM can prorogue Parliament or purge his party of 21 MPs? Lastly, to say that the EU "doesn't care about what its member states actually want" is a bit of a stretch in my opinion. EU has looked after its members states and its clearly evident after the 2008 financial crash where the EU pumped money into the failing PIIGS economy. Thanks for your suggestion of emigrating to Europe but I like where I am thanks. Maybe give that suggestion to Farage? I mean he did say on his LBC radio show on 27/03/2017 "If Brexit is a disaster, I will go and live abroad, I will go and live somewhere else". Maybe he should keep his word?
"You can't expect EU to tear itself apart just so they can accommodate us?" seeing as we are founding members and one of the big 3 leading this thing yes i do, even if we weren't the only reason it would tear itself apart by giving us a deal that would benefit both of us is if the other member states did not want to be apart of it. So I guess thanks for the admission i'm right.

"I simply don't believe that there is a democratic mandate for a No Deal Brexit as people did not vote to leave EU without a deal in the referendum." No they do. The people of this country made a high level decision to leave the European Union, it is then the politicians duty to do fulfill that high level decision in the best way possible; The EU has made that a no deal leave. You are trying to overturn the vote because you are willing to sacrifice the vote to leave, if its not the specific way you wanted to leave.

"Clearly evident by the fact that Gove (who was a central figure in Vote Leave campaign) argued that "no one voted for no deal"" this is just gaslighinghting he had no idea if leave voters voted with the idea that no deal was possible, and at the end of the day the vote was not no deal brexit or deal brexit it was brexit. Leaving with no deal was always a risk as we cannot make the EU give us an acceptable deal.

"We have not lost our sovereignty in first place. Every EU decision is made with the contribution of the UK" = "I have agreed with all my bosses decisions so far therefore he has no authority over me and we are equals in the company"

" We would lose more sovereignty if we crash out of the EU because then we won't have a say in their policy." sovereignty means control over ones own country not over a foreign protectionist market. Its so telling that you think it means power, your such an authoritarian technocrat.

" unelected PM can prorogue Parliament or purge his party of 21 MPs? " He was elected, like every other pm before him; by his party. You dont vote for the PM you vote for the party in your constituency.

"EU has looked after its members states and its clearly evident after the 2008 financial crash where the EU pumped money into the failing PIIGS economy." HAHAHA nice attempt at sophistry what I said was "doesn't care about what its member states actually want", im not talking about what the EU deems as brigning the countries to a state the EU approves of; i'm specifically talking about each countries right to choose its own destiny. Speaking of the PIIGS when the the Greek economy crashed the people elected a marxist government specifically not to go into austerity, was a good idea... of course not electing marxist is never a good idea especially when your economy is in the sh it hole, but regardless the Greek people had spoken and that was their right. However we all know the EU forced them into austerity anyway, this isn't respecting what the countries want to do, this is technocracy. Just admit it, you dont care about individual liberty or the peoples right to determine the destiny of their country you believe in your side making all the decisions because you think you are better than everyone else.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What's your favourite genre?

Rock (201)
23.96%
Pop (208)
24.79%
Jazz (33)
3.93%
Classical (46)
5.48%
Hip-Hop (162)
19.31%