The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Just got rejected :frown: :
Thank you for applying for the position of Supermarket Assistant – Part Time Temporary, Speculative Position at Waitrose Ruislip.

We have now had an opportunity to consider your application and I am sorry to tell you that we have decided not to include your name on our shortlist for interview.

Thank you again for your interest in joining Waitrose. I wish you success for the future.

Am I allowed to ask why I have been rejected or will it stay a mystery?
Leighthesim
First of all, waitrose is my first job too, and i am loving it, everyone is really nice and you will likely be with someone else for your first shift or two so don't worry they will guide you through all the processes you need to know.

As for uniform, all the branches wearing old uniform are having problems, most are saying to new partners to wear shirt and blakc trousers and they are being given either body warmers or aprons or tabards or something, what ever happens to be going spare, my branch is also going to be one of the first to get new uniform and our branch manager said it will be about 3 months till we get it so unless they find you some old uniform you will likely be in the black shirt and tabard for a while, (you could get the christmas apron though)

Hey I work in Canary Wharf Waitrose. And we already have the new uniform, since August. We are the first store to get them. We trail and test them out and if we all like the uniform, it will be rolled out throughout all other waitrose stores. Basically its a Stripy (white & Dark grey) Shirt for both males and females. Males wear a lime green tie. And both male/female wear black trousers, as im sure your aware of. The body warmer is grey. And the apron is a off black Grey.

Just found it a bit wierd when you said your store will be the first to get the new uniform lol :gthumb:
answermaquestion
Hey I work in Canary Wharf Waitrose. And we already have the new uniform, since August. We are the first store to get them. We trail and test them out and if we all like the uniform, it will be rolled out throughout all other waitrose stores. Basically its a Stripy (white & Dark grey) Shirt for both males and females. Males wear a lime green tie. And both male/female wear black trousers, as im sure your aware of. The body warmer is grey. And the apron is a off black Grey.

Just found it a bit wierd when you said your store will be the first to get the new uniform lol :gthumb:

my branch will be one of the first to get the new uniform, out of the existing stores, and out of the ones that are switching with in the next few months. But the new stores that are opening and have recently opened are already in the new uniform.
Whats the discount rate on iPods at JL?
OrangeStu
Whats the discount rate on iPods at JL?

i do believe it is 12% don't have the orange leaflet to hand though so can't check. but it is definatley either 12% or 15% with the new discount rule.
Reply 2025
Leighthesim
i do believe it is 12% don't have the orange leaflet to hand though so can't check. but it is definatley either 12% or 15% with the new discount rule.

They are 12% discount I JL.
iranair777
Just got rejected :frown: :
Thank you for applying for the position of Supermarket Assistant Part Time Temporary, Speculative Position at Waitrose Ruislip.

We have now had an opportunity to consider your application and I am sorry to tell you that we have decided not to include your name on our shortlist for interview.

Thank you again for your interest in joining Waitrose. I wish you success for the future.

Am I allowed to ask why I have been rejected or will it stay a mystery?

just to bump up my question
iranair777

Some times they will tell you, just phone up and ask the personnel section manager there is no harm in asking, but they may just say that alot of people have applied and it is not possible to recruit all of them.
Leighthesim
I think they will properly want you to wear the apron, i would ask your SM, but as your on the shop floor they need a way to distinguish you from the customers, but the apron will protect the rest of your clothes, so always good to wear it- alot of people who wear them on hear say they are a god send- i however just have my normal uniform and body warmer and the amount of stuff i have got down my body wamer and skirt i wish i had got an apron, cause the body warmers are really hard to wash.

Woops I was doing training today and I was doing household bleaches and one had a loose top and went all over my tabard and trousers! So I now have a bleached stained black blouse and tabard and trousers. I think it may have to be a full length apron and own blouse on my next shift!
iranair777

I was told in my group interview that requests for a reason as to why you were not employed would not receive a response. No harm asking though.
ok, thanks. I wanted to know if I was legally entitled or not and it seems like I am :smile:
xxKirstyxxPauldingxx
Woops I was doing training today and I was doing household bleaches and one had a loose top and went all over my tabard and trousers! So I now have a bleached stained black blouse and tabard and trousers. I think it may have to be a full length apron and own blouse on my next shift!

oh dear.... good thing you were wearing the tabard though, otherwise it may have soaked through to your skin. but i spill things all the time, the other day i was facing up the yogurts and one fell off and went splat all over the bottom shelf and whilst i was cleaning it up i made a rather dirty looking stain on my bodywarmer.
xxKirstyxxPauldingxx

The only trouble I have with wearing a full length apron is that I tend to trip over it, because I'm not very tall! I suppose I could fold it over a bit at the pockets, but then by the time I've reached behind me to do it up it's probably slipped back down.

I do see what people mean about them being a god send oh, they do seem to protect you from the elements if Waitrose!
well, just got a call back from them now and was due to the hours I chose and the fact I didn't put enough detail into the application.

Never thought you need so much information just to stack shelves and serve customers :s
iranair777
well, just got a call back from them now and was due to the hours I chose and the fact I didn't put enough detail into the application.

Never thought you need so much information just to stack shelves and serve customers :s

There is a bit more to it then that, you have to rememeber so much more even when stacking the shelves.
I'm supposed to book a group interview, on there site. but not sure if I should go since its 7 miles away from where i live. Yes long journey. should I?
xxKirstyxxPauldingxx
The only trouble I have with wearing a full length apron is that I tend to trip over it, because I'm not very tall! I suppose I could fold it over a bit at the pockets, but then by the time I've reached behind me to do it up it's probably slipped back down.

I do see what people mean about them being a god send oh, they do seem to protect you from the elements if Waitrose!

I wear the black uniform and the aprons are so useful, they are black so none of the filth and dirt shows! But the pockets are really helpful.

I don't see why people don't generally wear them with the old uniform. It is a pain in the backside having to tie and untie all the time at lunch and teas, but the majouritt of people just keep them on unless their going out.
lipowicha
I'm supposed to book a group interview, on there site. but not sure if I should go since its 7 miles away from where i live. Yes long journey. should I?

I guess it depends how much you want a job.
lipowicha

depends how long the actual journey would take you..I live 10 miles from my store but I drive so its all good.
Lucy King
They are 12% discount I JL.

Damn I thought 25 :frown:

Latest