com2678910
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I need to take up to 7 IGCSES and im cluless about what to choose. can anyone do some recomdinations?
Silver_Rose
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Environmental management is really interesting to take.
com2678910
Rep:
?
(Original post by Silver_Rose)
Environmental management is really interesting to take.
well my school doesnt offer that. Other than science, maths and english, there is psychology, history, geography and ICT, which do u recommend (i want a subject that i can take as AS level and not cause a burden for me)
Ja78975-Junaid
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by com2678910)
well my school doesnt offer that. Other than science, maths and english, there is psychology, history, geography and ICT, which do u recommend (i want a subject that i can take as AS level and not cause a burden for me)
IT/History are good in my opinion having taken them at school.
com2678910
Rep:
?
(Original post by Ja78975)
IT/History are good in my opinion having taken them at school.
which is easier tho
Ja78975-Junaid
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
which is easier tho
I got an A* in IT and a C in history, I enjoyed IT more because with history there were a lot of exams and it is an essay based subject so you have to write quite a lot, Geography is what students generally take if they do not want to take history as there is "less writing" was what classmates would say.
com2678910
Rep:
?
I got an A* in IT and a C in history, I enjoyed IT more because with history there were a lot of exams and it is an essay based subject so you have to write quite a lot, Geography is what students generally take if they do not want to take history as there is "less writing" was what classmates would say.
i do love writing tho (im good at it), but i hate memorizing (and IT has lots of theory too, which could be a huge burden for me)
Ja78975-Junaid
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
IT is quite practical because you get to build your own computer and there is coursework in the subject not just exams. I did OCR IT
com2678910
Rep:
?
i do love writing tho (im good at it), but i hate memorizing (and IT has lots of theory too, which could be a huge burden for me)
same goes with history right? (u have to memorize dates and events and bla bla bla)
(ohh and there is also business but im not really interested in that)
Ja78975-Junaid
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
https://www.mumsnet.com/Talk/seconda...-vs-Geography- open this link and scroll down to help you decide between History/Geography.
com2678910
Rep:
?
IT is quite practical because you get to build your own computer and there is coursework in the subject not just exams. I did OCR IT
my school is offering CIE IGCSE (there is no coursework in igcse i guess)
com2678910
Rep:
?
(Original post by ja78975)
https://www.mumsnet.com/talk/seconda...-vs-geography- open this link and scroll down to help you decide between history/geography.
thank youuuu sooo muchhh
Ja78975-Junaid
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
my school is offering CIE IGCSE (there is no coursework in igcse i guess)
Apart from the 3 important subjects what can you pick from besides the mandatory subjects you have to take such as history or geography, French or German. What can you choose from?
Ja78975-Junaid
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Apart from the 3 important subjects what can you pick from besides the mandatory subjects you have to take such as history or geography, French or German. What can you choose from?
Remember you can take both history/geography if you know you will do well in both subjects.
com2678910
Rep:
?
well i have to take maths, english, chem, bio and physics and i dont think i can do good in a foreign language so yeah i might choose history (since i took it in KS3 and i have an idea abt it) or go wild and choose psychology
com2678910
Rep:
?
Remember you can take both history/geography if you know you will do well in both subjects.
that would be a lot dont you think (oohhh and i will take Arabic gcse so yeah i have one subject left to choose)
Ja78975-Junaid
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
well i have to take maths, english, chem, bio and physics and i dont think i can do good in a foreign language so yeah i might choose history (since i took it in KS3 and i have an idea abt it) or go wild and choose psychology
Good choices! go with what your gut says, don't succumb to opinions of other people, do what subjects you find interesting not listening to what other people find easy/hard.
com2678910
Rep:
?
Good choices! go with what your gut says, don't succumb to opinions of other people, do what subjects you find interesting not listening to what other people find easy/hard.
i really want to go for psychology but i have some doubts ):
Ja78975-Junaid
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
that would be a lot dont you think (oohhh and i will take Arabic gcse so yeah i have one subject left to choose)
Again, you don't have to take both but it was just an option, people generally take both if they wish to study it further in College/university.
com2678910
Rep:
?
Again, you don't have to take both but it was just an option, people generally take both if they wish to study it further in College/university.
I want to study chem or biochem in college
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (380)
56.55%
I don't have everything I need (292)
43.45%

Watched Threads