Can I do a masters in a different course Watch

Jord.james
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Hi,
I'm currently in year 13 and unsure what to do as a degree with UCAS and everything coming up. I'm torn between doing German and Spanish or Business Management as both interest me, but I would enjoy the language degree more and the year abroad appeals to me, but I worry about its employability. Could I do a standard Modern Foreign Languages degree and then just do a masters in Management/International Management or can you only do a masters in a course you have prior knowledge/experience in?

Thank you!
PhoenixFortune
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Jord.james)
Hi,
I'm currently in year 13 and unsure what to do as a degree with UCAS and everything coming up. I'm torn between doing German and Spanish or Business Management as both interest me, but I would enjoy the language degree more and the year abroad appeals to me, but I worry about its employability. Could I do a standard Modern Foreign Languages degree and then just do a masters in Management/International Management or can you only do a masters in a course you have prior knowledge/experience in?

Thank you!
Look at universities' entry requirements - some ask for very specific undergraduate degrees, while others aren't so picky.
ageshallnot
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
As above. I know someone who did a Drama degree initially and then a postgraduate degree in International Relations. He was eligible for some courses but not others.
Liverpool Hope University
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Jord.james)
Hi,

Thank you!
Hi there Jord.james

As PhoenixFortune and ageshallnot have already said, you should check the entry requirements for the Masters you're interested in with the universities themselves.

At Liverpool Hope for example, we have a psychology conversion Masters for students who haven't got an undergraduate in psychology, so you may find a course with similar. Of course, you may also find you would be eligible for some courses and not others with your course pathway.

Please message any questions we can help you with,

Fi :horse:
Jord.james
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Thank you! Liverpool Hope University , ageshallnot , PhoenixFortune
Liverpool Hope University
Badges: 14
Rep:
?