The Student Room Group

How many hours should I be working on my A-levels at home?

Hi I'm a student who is just about to begin A-levels, on induction I've been told I should be working outside of school for my A-levels (as I expected) I'm not sure about how much I should be doing though. Different teachers give me completely different answers, I was hoping somebody could help me solve my predicament. Thank you
Apparently the minimum you should be doing is the same amount of hours that you do in school, out of school. So if you have 15 hours of college a week, then you should do 15 hour independent work.
Do an hour independent work for each hour you had in school. So like if on Monday you had 2 hours of maths then at home you’d do 2 hours of independent maths work x
Reply 3
Original post by OR321
Apparently the minimum you should be doing is the same amount of hours that you do in school, out of school. So if you have 15 hours of college a week, then you should do 15 hour independent work.

Thank you
Reply 4
Original post by hollyhd021202
Do an hour independent work for each hour you had in school. So like if on Monday you had 2 hours of maths then at home you’d do 2 hours of independent maths work x

Thank you
There is no amount of hours you need to study a day, there is only content.

How much content you complete in a day.

In this case, it is up to you to decide how to spread it out.
non.

Set deadlines for yourself. Say to yourself you will finish and completely understand a specific topic in your book by a set date, and do your best to do it.

Quick Reply

Latest