c600834
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
So over the summer, I decided to switch from a grammar school to a normal school for sixth form. There's no particular reason why. It's just that I got a bit tired of my old school so decided maybe to go to another.I went with the decision and today I had my first day with my new school, one which is close to where I live.It's just that I'm having second thoughts about my new school. Over the summer, I began to maybe miss the chance of going back to my old school, and hence will not be able to see my close friends from there each day now. I barely know anyone here but I hung out with some people at break and lunch and though they seem nice, they don't seem like people I would like to spend my time with if I didn't have to. That goes with most other people I've met so far.Anyway, I guess that I've gotten 'cold feet' about joining this new school and wasn't sure that the new place is worth leaving my friends and old school over. I know its pretty early to think it through since I still dont really know anybody or haven't even had any proper lessons yet. I'd also feel pretty embarrased if I just got up and left the school.I guess I'm just looking for advice about what to do. Feeling a little anxious about the situation. Thanks.
Rungirlrun!!
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
I'd give it a week or two and see how you're feeling - it's always hard to move to a new environment but it'll be good practice for the future and you'll hopefully be able to make new friends (while staying in touch with old ones) and develop yourself outside the comfort zone of a school you've gone to for years.

If you actually hate it after a couple of weeks then by all means try and move back, but you may find you love it once you're in the swing of things!!

X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (256)
33.82%
No (501)
66.18%

Watched Threads