The Student Room Group

Is being apologetic a good or bad trait??

^^
Such as apologising if you unintentionally offend someone or if you reply late etc.
There is no good or bad. If you do someone wrong then yes, apologise. But don't apologise for speaking your mind, even if it offends someone else. As long as what you're saying isn't aimed at hurting another then you're good.
Reply 2
Original post by JoshDarnIt
There is no good or bad. If you do someone wrong then yes, apologise. But don't apologise for speaking your mind, even if it offends someone else. As long as what you're saying isn't aimed at hurting another then you're good.

I do apolgise when I speak my mind- I fear I may hurt someone by what I may have to say. So therefore I apologise.
Reply 3
Depends, being apologetic for something that was actually wrong is a good trait (a trait I lack in abundance because to me apologising is the equivalent of the end of time) but being apologetic for saying something factual or speaking your mind or saying something that like that offended someone shows a lack of backbone.
Original post by Anonymous
I do apolgise when I speak my mind- I fear I may hurt someone by what I may have to say. So therefore I apologise.

If that's what you want to do, then feel free. I don't think you should tho, cos then you're suppressing your true self in order to please and not offend others. That's called people pleasing. Again, you do you tho.

Edit* I should add, everyone is responsible for their own feelings. So if someone get's offended by something, that's on them, not you.
(edited 4 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending