elzzb
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hey I have my GCSE's this year and I was wondering if anyone had any tips of how to revise for Spanish, any help would be great, thanks.
Amberxoxoxo
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi,
I revised Spanish in a number ways.The main way was just sitting down and learning vocabulary,it was boring,but it was probably the most effective way I revised.I also made flashcards for each of the tenses and made a worksheet in which I had to conjugate common verbs in every tense.I made myself quizzes on each tense and did them the night before the writing exam.For speaking specifically I didn't actually learn my questions,I went over the ones I didn't feel confident on but my friend and I facetimed the night before to practice without questions.I mostly learnt topic specific vocabulary for each section.I also listened to Spanish songs so that I could work on my accent.I hope this helps somewhat,Amber x
elzzb
Rep:
?
(Original post by Amberxoxoxo)
Hi,
I revised Spanish in a number ways.The main way was just sitting down and learning vocabulary,it was boring,but it was probably the most effective way I revised.I also made flashcards for each of the tenses and made a worksheet in which I had to conjugate common verbs in every tense.I made myself quizzes on each tense and did them the night before the writing exam.For speaking specifically I didn't actually learn my questions,I went over the ones I didn't feel confident on but my friend and I facetimed the night before to practice without questions.I mostly learnt topic specific vocabulary for each section.I also listened to Spanish songs so that I could work on my accent.I hope this helps somewhat,Amber x
Hey, thank you so much for your help and advice, I will definitely do that especially the quizzes because I feel as though it will really help with using the correct tenses and my vocabulary, thank you so much again x
username4310824
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by elenabahri)
Hey I have my GCSE's this year and I was wondering if anyone had any tips of how to revise for Spanish, any help would be great, thanks.
For vocabulary, I'd really recommend the sites Quizlet and Memrise! They're online flashcards and they have vocabulary sets that are tailored to your exam board (here's one for AQA for example).

Make sure you have all the grammar that you're expected to know nailed too. If you search for your exam board's specification there should be a list of all the grammar that you need to know. There are a lot of sites where you can practise grammar but two of my favourites are StudySpanish and SpanishDict.

There's also a really good (but very cringy ) TV series on Youtube called ''Extra Spanish'' that was made for Spanish learners so the vocabulary isn't too complex and they don't speak too quickly meaning it's great for listening practise.

Try and get your hands on as many past papers, mark schemes, and examiner reports as possible. Examiner reports are particularly useful as they will tell you what the most common mistakes were in previous years which will allow you to avoid them.

Good luck!
elzzb
Rep:
?
(Original post by MinaBee)
For vocabulary, I'd really recommend the sites Quizlet and Memrise! They're online flashcards and they have vocabulary sets that are tailored to your exam board (here's one for AQA for example).

Make sure you have all the grammar that you're expected to know nailed too. If you search for your exam board's specification there should be a list of all the grammar that you need to know. There are a lot of sites where you can practise grammar but two of my favourites are StudySpanish and SpanishDict.

There's also a really good (but very cringy ) TV series on Youtube called ''Extra Spanish'' that was made for Spanish learners so the vocabulary isn't too complex and they don't speak too quickly meaning it's great for listening practise.

Try and get your hands on as many past papers, mark schemes, and examiner reports as possible. Examiner reports are particularly useful as they will tell you what the most common mistakes were in previous years which will allow you to avoid them.

Good luck!
Wow, thank you so much, this was really helpful you've literally given me all the help that I needed thank you so much, I will definitely check out all of the sites that you've told me about and watch videos from the Youtube channel. You have literally saved my life, thank you so much!
username4310824
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by elenabahri)
Wow, thank you so much, this was really helpful you've literally given me all the help that I needed thank you so much, I will definitely check out all of the sites that you've told me about and watch videos from the Youtube channel. You have literally saved my life, thank you so much!
Ah you're welcome! I've also just remembered this which will help with listening and picking up vocab. It's for beginners so the stuff covered is quite basic but it's good for going over things. It was one of my favourite things to revise with when I was doing GCSE Spanish
elzzb
Rep:
?
(Original post by MinaBee)
Ah you're welcome! I've also just remembered this which will help with listening and picking up vocab. It's for beginners so the stuff covered is quite basic but it's good for going over things. It was one of my favourite things to revise with when I was doing GCSE Spanish
Thank you so much again!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (110)
51.4%
No (104)
48.6%

Watched Threads