Healthy eating / no snacks thread

Watch
username4932890
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I would like to track my progress each day with regard to eliminating my snack / junk food intake. I'm not specifically cutting out different food groups I just don't want to snack anymore and will instead focus on having 3 full balanced meals each day and 3 portions of fruit between meals as snacks.

I will state each day whether I have had any snacks and how many portions of fruit / vegetables I have consumed that day. I would like this to be a an ongoing lifestyle change and believe this is a realistic goal for me.
username4932890
Rep:
?
03/09/19

3 balanced meals
2 apples
Le Male
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Well done little spider. I will keep track of you in this thread and hope we can get to know each other in other ways too
username4932890
Rep:
?
04/09/19

3 balanced meals
1 pear
1 apple
1 portion of cucumber
username4932890
Rep:
?
05/09/19

3 balanced meals
1 apple
1 pear
1 fruit smoothie (milk, mixed berries and 1 full banana)
username4932890
Rep:
?
06/09/19

3 balanced meals
1 pear
1 portion of strawberries
DrawTheLine
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
What are your balanced meals? I'm regularly trying to eat healthier and reduce junk food (with varying success) so I'm curious what others eat to be healthy
username4932890
Rep:
?
(Original post by DrawTheLine)
What are your balanced meals? I'm regularly trying to eat healthier and reduce junk food (with varying success) so I'm curious what others eat to be healthy
My meals are usually a type of meat with brown bread and a side of vegetables. I sometimes have home made burgers with vegetables / pasta with mince and vegetables . I don't really intend out a food group out because I did this last year and I got really ill so I would suggest not doing this. I still enjoy "chips" but usually they are home made. The best thing would be to eat what you would like but instead make it at home instead of buying it from your supermarket and of course have a side of vegetables or fruit.
DrawTheLine
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by reading & stuff)
My meals are usually a type of meat with brown bread and a side of vegetables. I sometimes have home made burgers with vegetables / pasta with mince and vegetables . I don't really intend out a food group out because I did this last year and I got really ill so I would suggest not doing this. I still enjoy "chips" but usually they are home made. The best thing would be to eat what you would like but instead make it at home instead of buying it from your supermarket and of course have a side of vegetables or fruit.
Sounds yummy! Yes typically I make things from scratch. Healthier and often cheaper as well
username4932890
Rep:
?
07/09/19

3 balanced meals
1 portion of cucumber
1 corn on the cob
1 apple
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

If you haven't confirmed your firm and insurance choices yet, why is that?

I don't want to decide until I've received all my offers (39)
40.63%
I am waiting until the deadline in case anything in my life changes (21)
21.88%
I am waiting until the deadline in case something in the world changes (ie. pandemic-related) (5)
5.21%
I am waiting until I can see the unis in person (9)
9.38%
I still have more questions before I made my decision (5)
5.21%
No reason, just haven't entered it yet (6)
6.25%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (11)
11.46%

Watched Threads