Looking Forward with Hope

Watch
hope2002
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
Friday 11th October 2019:

School: Saw my counsellor P1 which was really good. I feel kinda bad cuz I told her about the rapists in my year group and about how the school knows and hasn't done anything and she was v overwhelmed. I had 3 other frees today and managed to 2 chemistry sheets and 2 biology sheets. In Maths we continued doing integration by substitution with the further maths single maths divide cuz of last year and there was 1 question on the sheet that us further maths were doing that even the teacher couldn't get the answer to so that's great.

My interview at lunch. The ones with my UCAS mentor are with another girl who is AMAZING at interviews so I kinda jsut let her talk. Got asked about Doctors without borders and didn't know **** so I need to research quite a bit. Was also asked about what question I would ask if I was interviewing people trying to get into med school so I said 'y du think you shouldn't do medicine/be a doctor?' then was told to answer the question so i just sat there for 3 mins like um um um. Also got asked about whether a quota should be introduced to create a better gender balance in medicine cuz atm it's 60% girls, 40% boys. The teacehr asks one of us a question then gets the other person to add on and then asks that person the next question so i kinda just ended up being like I agree cuzI did and I wasn't about to have the same level of articulation as the other girl. Lowkey gave me a bit of a n insight into the teachers life cuz he said he's probs on the spectrum which sounds irrelevant but it was when he was talking about how to answer a question and he gaves us his answer.

Then I had a bio lesson P5 w that same teacher and he was in a really good mood. I decided to be bold and tell my class I don't like David Attenbourgh cuz his voice is annoying. Then again I hadn't watched David attenbourhg in a few years. My entire class freaked out and I was kinda sat next to a David Attenbourgh stan. By coincidence we watched a David Attenbourgh clip and I loved it so I take it back. David Attenbourgh is good.

5:00-7:15 Helped my parents make the folders for the course they are running this weekend. They also left tonight, so my aunt is staying with us
9:55-10:05 8 Problem Solving Q's (6/8)

I have the BMAT course this weekend and I'm really hoping it goes well and I can get everything I need out of it. I'm desperate at this point. I have more time than I think tho, not in the sense to procrastinate but to revise. I'll let you know how it goes tomorrow.

QOTD:What is your opinion on David Attenbourgh?

Tags: let me know if you'd like to be added or removed x

Last edited by hope2002; 5 months ago
laurawatt
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Haha love the QOTD :lol: I find his voice very calming actually
Did the interviewing teacher give you any tips? :hugs:
QueenAelin
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
I love David Attenborough! My dad used to sit me in front of his documentaries to keep me quiet :laugh: His Natural Curiosities series is what made me realise science is actually amazing!

Looking forward to hearing how your BMAT course goes!
entertainmyfaith
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by hope2002)
I forgot how good season 3 was tbh. I forgot most of it cuz I watched the entire thing in like a week. I don't even remember anything from season 5. I think the best part of season 8 was Arya killing the night king:elefant: But bRaN ThE bRoKeN was not the one. Who did u want to win?
yeah that bit was great :gah: that episode was so annoying though as it just spent all of it on the battle
hm you mean to be king/queen? arya or tyrion would have been cool.
hope2002
Rep:
?
(Original post by laurawatt)
Haha love the QOTD :lol: I find his voice very calming actually
Did the interviewing teacher give you any tips? :hugs:
Ikr! I think i used to hate it cuz it was too slow and I cldn't pay attention long enough, but now I really appreciate it. My teacher told me to sort of just read around medicine a bit more so I know what I'm talking about. Also to improve on my eye contact:rolleyes:
hope2002
Rep:
?
(Original post by QueenAelin)
I love David Attenborough! My dad used to sit me in front of his documentaries to keep me quiet :laugh: His Natural Curiosities series is what made me realise science is actually amazing!

Looking forward to hearing how your BMAT course goes!
He's acc great! I haven't heard about his Natural Curiosities series, only really Blue Planet, I'll have to take a look.
hope2002
Rep:
?
(Original post by entertainmyfaith)
yeah that bit was great :gah: that episode was so annoying though as it just spent all of it on the battle
hm you mean to be king/queen? arya or tyrion would have been cool.
Yeah, I couldn't really see anything that entire battle so that part was the only part I cld really see. Battle of the *******s is by far my favourite battle. I think Tyrion would've been great and made the most sense All the leaked info was saying it was Tyrion as well.
hope2002
Rep:
?
Sunday 13th October 2019:

This weekend: Well obvs I had the BMAT course which I will go into more detail on. I'd like to quickly say that it is 2:22am rn:lolz: so I need to make sure I don't fall back into this awful habit. Saturday I got home from the course at like 6:30 and I decided to bake churros and pretend I was a vlogger (I've been watching too much youtube). Then I ****ed around for a bit before watching CALL ME BY YOUR NAME. and can I say: It's my favourite movie:lovedup: I was sat It a rocking chair in my room in the dark with the only light being the screen and my Himalayan salt lamp so it's was so aesthetic. I was so confused for a while cuz I didn't read the little blurb on netflix and I wasn't sure of the signs and felt like it was referencing certain parts but was unsure. But BOY not matter what was going on it was captivating. The whole aesthetic was great and i wasn't expecting the different languages, that's for sure. It is just a truly beautiful movie. and now that I've finished it, It's grown on me even more and I just love it. I want something like that:cry:

I was also home alone so half way through I left my room to go eat dinner (disgusting salad:s-smilie: cuz I didn't wanna cook so that I cld eat quickly and get back to the movie) and watch ed the good doctor at the same time. Love that series. Today I went to where my parents were holding their course after my course and came back with my dad before my mum and dad left to go pick up my brother from my aunts house so I literally laid in bed doing **** all and then ate a salad while watching the good doctor. Right when I was clearing up from my dinner my fam came back w pizza so I ate that while watching the good doctor. Eventually with some encouragement and support from my friend I started my work at lie 11:30pm. Honestly it didn't even take that long so if I had done it earlier I would have taken 2h tops

BMAT course: So it was a 2 day course. Both days we covered each section of the exam. We did loads of Q's and I even wrote my 1st essay on saturday. apparently it was acc quite good:eek: so I was v shocked but It made me feel a lot better about the whole thing so I'm way less intimidated by revision now and I have so many tips to use. I can also send them my essays to mark and get feedback on which is amazing. Also met some really nice people while I was there.

Tonight:
homework11:30-11:45 Translocation Qs
homework00:10-00:50 Stats revision sheet while watching youtube
homework1:10-1:50 Chem q's and notes on benzene and acylation

QOTD: Ops on Call Me By Your Name?

Tags: Let me know if you would like to be added or removed
QueenAelin
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
I'm so glad your BMAT course went so well! Congrats on the good essay
emilynxlan
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
QOTD: Ops on Call Me By Your Name?
I haven't watched it (I don't watch movies :eek:) but you're like the third person I've seen mention it on TSR today!
entertainmyfaith
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
i love call me by your name so much that whole film is beautiful:love:
i LOVE the cinematography and music ahshshs it's just perfect and i need to watch it again soon even though the ending always makes me cry:cry:
also timothee chalamet :heart:
hope2002
Rep:
?
I'm so glad your BMAT course went so well! Congrats on the good essay
Thank you
hope2002
Rep:
?
(Original post by emilynxlan)
I haven't watched it (I don't watch movies :eek:) but you're like the third person I've seen mention it on TSR today!
Haha that's probably becasue it just came out on netflix If you do decide to give movies a go, Call Me By Your Name is a great one
hope2002
Rep:
?
(Original post by entertainmyfaith)
i love call me by your name so much that whole film is beautiful:love:
i LOVE the cinematography and music ahshshs it's just perfect and i need to watch it again soon even though the ending always makes me cry:cry:
also timothee chalamet :heart:
I managed to escape without a tear being shed:eek: but the entire movie is just captivating and so serene. The whole aesthetic is stunning:lovedup:
hope2002
Rep:
?
Monday 14th October 2019:

School: Seeing as I went to bed at 3am last night I was exhausted today:sleep: I cldn't really concentrate in double bio this morning, where we spent the first lesson doing auxins and gibberellins and then the second lesson "revising":bird: for our test on wednesday. The test is on everything we've covered these last 7 weeks. I had maths after break and we were revising for our stats and pure test which is also on wednesday. I felt so dumb cuz I couldn't figure out how to binomially expand when the indices were fractions and I feel like I shld be top of the class cuz I did further maths last year, and then my 'best' friend was whizzing through them all and telling people that their answer was wrong. I say 'best' friend because i feel like we aren't really best friends anymore. Also having a lesson with her has made me hate her which is really unhealthy. She recently got a boyfriend so she spending most of her time with him which is normal, but i feel like she doesn't really give a **** about me. She'll be with me if she can't find her boyfriend or her other best friend so I just don't know how to feel atm. Ik how I feel but I can't figure out whether I'm being rational or not. Obvs that's just a bit of a summary of my emotions atm. At lunch I went to Bio Soc and my friend did a talk on drug trials which was quite interesting. Then after lunch I got back my carboxylic acids test (76%) I was quite disappointed tbh:sad: cuz I knew the answers to some Q's so I shld've done better. Then in the second chemistry lesson we did Kp equations.

Today:
revisionBiology: Went over some translocation Q's I did yesterday(6/7 & 7/10) then went through the auxin stuff I cldn't pay attention to in class (1 hour)
Wrote notes on Venus Flytrap (30 mins)
revisonBMAT: Did 5 Bio Qs (2/5) (5 mins)
Did 6 chem Qs (2/6) (5 mins)
Read some critiqued section 3 essays (30 mins)

QOTD: What's the longest you've gone without sleep?

Tags: Let me know if you'd like to be added or removed x

emilynxlan
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
QOTD: What's the longest you've gone without sleep?
I think about a day and a half?
QueenAelin
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
I hope all your tests went well today! :crossedf: I think the longest I've ever gone without sleep was probably about 32 hours during New Year's Day 2018! I've vowed never to do that again :laugh:
entertainmyfaith
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
your best friend doesn't sound very nice:console:
well done on chemistry, that's still a great score!!
i've never pulled an all nighter so not sure really
hope2002
Rep:
?
(Original post by emilynxlan)
I think about a day and a half?
That's so long! How comes?
hope2002
Rep:
?
I hope all your tests went well today! :crossedf: I think the longest I've ever gone without sleep was probably about 32 hours during New Year's Day 2018! I've vowed never to do that again :laugh:
Thank you And that's almost 3 days:eek: How did you manage that?!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now? (select all that apply)

Lack of purpose or routine (270)
15.54%
Uncertainty around my education (273)
15.71%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (174)
10.01%
Isolating with family (122)
7.02%
Lack of support system (eg. Teachers, counsellors) (78)
4.49%
Lack of exercise/ability to be outside (145)
8.34%
Loneliness (172)
9.9%
Financial worries (68)
3.91%
Concern about myself or my loved ones getting ill (158)
9.09%
Exposure to negative news/social media (124)
7.13%
Lack of real life entertainment (eg. cinema, gigs, restaurants) (154)
8.86%

Watched Threads