Looking Forward with Hope

Watch
entertainmyfaith
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
well done on the interview and sorry to hear bmat didn't go the best:console:
you've got this , just take some time out to plan out your days so you feel less overwhelmed?? everything will be okay:hugs:
QueenAelin
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
I’m sorry that your BMAT didn’t go the way you expected, but it might not be as bad as you think! Try not to stress too much while you wait for the results, and I’m sure everything will be fine! :console:
hope2002
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Sunday 23rd February 2020: 1 Day Til Mocks

The Gist: Sorry it's been a while guys. I forgot my password so couldn't access this account. I've got a lot to update on though.

BMAT Results:
Spoiler:
Show
Section 1: 6.3
Section 2: 5.4
Section 3: 2.5A

Interview Dates:

Spoiler:
Show
King's: 29/11/19
Birmingham:06/12/19
Manchester:08/01/20
Imperial:28/01/20

Offer:
Spoiler:
Show
Birmingham:AAA:banana:

My Mocks start tomorrow and I'm very nervous because I basically haven't revised but everyone thinks I have so they're expecting good results.
I've finished all my content now which doesn't feel like it because one of my Biology teachers is awful. I only really started revising this week because it's been half term but even then it feels too late to start revising for my ACTUAL A levels this late. I have 2 months til my first A level exam and I'm terrified.

My revision this week:
Spoiler:
Show
15/02/20:6h
16/02/20:1h
17/02/20:2h

18/02/20:3h
19/02/20:7h
20/02/20:2h
21/02/20:0.5h

22/02/20:8h
23/02/20:1h/5h so far

entertainmyfaith mez_merising laurawatt Toastiekid Letsgetmade QueenAelin jemima0103 wazzupitsme Fazzy_77
Last edited by hope2002; 1 month ago
entertainmyfaith
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
ahhh congrats on the offer from b'ham!! 4 interviews is very impressive:yep: have any of the other unis responded yet?
wow you've finished the content already :eek:
mez_merising
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
glad to see you’re back! and the bmat scores are awesome n also congrats on the bham offer wooo. don’t worry tooOo much bout mocks but ya know still revise kinda hehe
hope2002
Rep:
?
(Original post by entertainmyfaith)
ahhh congrats on the offer from b'ham!! 4 interviews is very impressive:yep: have any of the other unis responded yet?
wow you've finished the content already :eek:
Thank you!! Nothing from the other uni's yet but Manchester said we'll hear back by march so hopefully it'll be good news. King's said early may latest so idk how i'm feeling about that. I think we have like 1 more topic in maths and I finished off bio at home, but I have no notes or anything for 5 topics so I need to get that sorted
hope2002
Rep:
?
(Original post by mez_merising)
glad to see you’re back! and the bmat scores are awesome n also congrats on the bham offer wooo. don’t worry tooOo much bout mocks but ya know still revise kinda hehe
Glad to be back Considering my biology mock is tomorrow and I have done 0 biology revision I'm just focussing on getting the grades in the long term cuz at this point there's not much I can do.
Fazzy_77
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I can't believe I haven't seen your GYG before :facepalm:
Good luck with everything!
Please tag me!
hope2002
Rep:
?
(Original post by Fazzy_77)
I can't believe I haven't seen your GYG before :facepalm:
Good luck with everything!
Please tag me!
Thank you!!I'll add you to the tags
hope2002
Rep:
?
Monday 24th February 2020: Mocks Begin

The Gist: Today was better than yesterday.:biggrin: I was so stressed about my biology mock because I started reading threads to see if I could get an A* on 2 months revision and almost all the threads were saying no:cry2: apart from this one girl who managed to do it for vet med. I was worried if my mock grade was too low then I wouldn't be able to improve that much in 2 months, but 2 months is both longer and shorter than you think. I ended up crying a lot about it last night before having an early night.:puppyeyes: And by early I mean SUPERRRR early: 9:30pm. Tbh the cry and early night was exactly what I needed cuz I managed to actually wake up this morning.:grin:

My parent drove me to my mock this morning cuz they had a meeting with my housemaster about my exams and my health considerations and I just told them the bio mock won't be as good as you expect because I haven't revised enough (may have left out the part where I did none), and honestly it helped me feel better. I had the AS papers in the morning, a few hours to revise and then the A2 papers in the afternoon. In-between the exams I managed to find the Paper 4 online so I read a bit of the mark-scheme for the long answer questions. Tbh I feel pretty guilty about it because they're important exams but at the same time I felt like i had to cuz i was sat next to a popular girl who was doing the same and also it put me more at ease. So I don't regret it. And it was only for 2 questions out of 10. Not that I have to justify it.

Today I got home and spent a lot of time on youtube watching badass edits cuz the music and visual are a great background for daydreaming:blushing: After dinner I spent about 20 mins learning transition metal colours cuz I heard a girl talking about how that's on the chemistry mock that I have tomorrow and then I spent about an hour learning all my organic synthetic routes, It was actually quite fun because I had the transition metal quizlets from last year and my teacher made the synthetic routes quizlets so I played the hype edits music while doing it.:party:

Sorry, just realised that's a bit of an essay so thanks for reading this far if you did. If you didn't, no worries cuz I didn't either lol.

Tags:

entertainmyfaith
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
glad to hear the mock went okay and you had a better day today :hugs:
hope2002
Rep:
?
(Original post by entertainmyfaith)
glad to hear the mock went okay and you had a better day today :hugs:
Thank you
hope2002
Rep:
?
Wednesday 26th February 2020:

The Gist: Yesterday I had my chemistry mock but didn't update cuz I didn't revise last night. I had the physical paper in the morning and it was ok, but I knew i got questions wrong as I was doing it because the answers to the calculations weren't in the range they were supposed to be in but that' ok. The organis paper in the afternoon went a lot better. I even finished 30 mins early. In a weird was I found it quite fun.

Last night I had some weird dream about my fit basketball teacher:eek:( he's early 20s so it's not creepy), and it wasn't a sex dream but more like we were in a relationship and trying to keep it secret cuz it's illegal for a teacher to go out with a student (happened at my skl before and they got caught). Anyway that put me in a weird mood waking up:confused:. I started watching Anne with an E today which wasn't the smartest idea because now I'm on season 2 and I haven't really revised for my maths mock tomorrow but it's ok because I've been doing past papers all year and got 96% in my last maths test in school. I'm sure I'll be fine, but at the same time I don't wanna get complacent. I have to do 4 maths papers by saturday to stay on track with the papers the school had given so I guess I'll be doing the maths past papers after my mock which doesn't reallly sound that smart. My goal was to do them all last night and today but I watched Anne with an E instead. And may I just say Gilbert in fineeeee.

Tags:

laurawatt
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Well done for the Birmingham offer!
Hope the mocks go/are going well :hugs:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now? (select all that apply)

Lack of purpose or routine (270)
15.54%
Uncertainty around my education (273)
15.71%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (174)
10.01%
Isolating with family (122)
7.02%
Lack of support system (eg. Teachers, counsellors) (78)
4.49%
Lack of exercise/ability to be outside (145)
8.34%
Loneliness (172)
9.9%
Financial worries (68)
3.91%
Concern about myself or my loved ones getting ill (158)
9.09%
Exposure to negative news/social media (124)
7.13%
Lack of real life entertainment (eg. cinema, gigs, restaurants) (154)
8.86%

Watched Threads