The Student Room Group

Dont know which A Levels to do

The only one I'm confident I want to do is English Literature. On results day I changed from spanish to psychology. I'd also picked Biology and Chemistry, partially because I liked the two enough, none of the other subjects seemed interesting to me that were "respectable". I had my induction day today and I feel like ****, I dont know which subjects to pick and I'm afraid that I not only hate biochem now that I'm looking at the alevel course, but that I'll be ****ty at it considering I'm not naturally gifted. I received grades 8-7 in it at gcse but I feel as though that's not justified in terms of doing a subject that I hate for two years potentially. I know that I want to do law or English lit at university to become a solicitor, but I dont know which other subjects to choose, please give me some friendly advice
English and Psychology are good choices but it was a bad idea to pick Biology and Chemistry just because they're "respectable".
There isn't really a specific subject combination to do law. I'd say just pick any subject, preferably essay-based. History? Religious studies? Maybe pick up Spanish again? Geography? Economics? Sociology? Politics? Philosophy? Did you like any of these subjects at secondary school? (and don't bother thinking about which subjects are "respectable" and which aren't. Universities care more about how relevant your a levels are to the degree and your grades in them than which subjects just sound "respectable").

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending