MrOwen
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
For someone who is taking subjects such as History Geog, Politics and Economics for AS, what is the best way to revise?

Plan on getting a lined paper booklet for each subject to condense notes made in lesson.

Also plan on getting flashcards and making sure I go through them everyday on certain subjects, etc.

Does this sound alright? Any other tips for these specific subjects? Any online resources I should look at?

Thanks.
Buspollaw
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by MrOwen)
For someone who is taking subjects such as History Geog, Politics and Economics for AS, what is the best way to revise?

Plan on getting a lined paper booklet for each subject to condense notes made in lesson.

Also plan on getting flashcards and making sure I go through them everyday on certain subjects, etc.

Does this sound alright? Any other tips for these specific subjects? Any online resources I should look at?

Thanks.
I found Seneca useful for Politics (Edexcel). It's also a good idea to keep up to date with UK politics as it can help you to support your arguments.
Greywolftwo
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Buspollaw)
I found Seneca useful for Politics (Edexcel). It's also a good idea to keep up to date with UK politics as it can help you to support your arguments.
Keeping up with U.K. politics is simultaneously difficult and easy with so much going on
Buspollaw
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Greywolftwo)
Keeping up with U.K. politics is simultaneously difficult and easy with so much going on
I found it easier to learn when it was on the news .Donald Trump was the reason I was able to pass US Politics
Owenwilson700
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Buspollaw)
Will flashcards on key referendums and dates be useful to have to support my answers in more depth with policies and outcomes, etc
Buspollaw
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Owenwilson700)
Will flashcards on key referendums and dates be useful to have to support my answers in more depth with policies and outcomes, etc
I only did the A-level Politics exams so i'm not 100% sure about the format of the AS exams.
Referendums such as AV (2011), EU, and Scottish can be brought up as evidence for a lot of different arguments. You'll want to know the % results and a general idea for why such a result was achieved. It might also be useful to write flashcards outlining different parties views on the referendums.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19
  • Teesside University
    All faculties open Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19
  • University of the Arts London
    London College of Fashion – Cordwainers Footwear and Bags & Accessories Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (114)
17.73%
It's just nice to be back! (177)
27.53%
Not great so far... (229)
35.61%
I want to drop out! (123)
19.13%

Watched Threads