What can I do to secure my place at these unis ??

Watch
username4097242
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Starting from Thursday I’ll be in my 2nd year of A levels and I was wondering what can I do in terms of revision (law - ocr, history - ocr , English lit - edexcel) to boost my grades (Atm I am getting Bs from history And law too and Cs in English and most unis require A*AA) but also what else can I do to make my personal statement stand out.I would like to apply to universities such as like: LSE, UCL,Kings College,Durham and Nottingham for law. Atm when I have time I go to my local crown to listen to the trials and listen to podcasts about law/how law affects certain things etc.I would love to go for various law events however most of them happen in London which is far away from me plus tickets are quite expensive
scoobyice8
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Regarding the revision question, I took OCR History at A Level and what helped me the most was doing essay plans. Plan literally every essay that could come up and go over the odd ones with your teacher. I’d also recommend looking at the examiners reports for both the old style and new style exams. They really help especially as they often ask similar questions to previous years.

Regarding your personal statement, I’d recommend making it quirky. Try to read law books that others won’t.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (66)
17.65%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (107)
28.61%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (141)
37.7%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (48)
12.83%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (12)
3.21%

Watched Threads