Aussie Vegan Takes Her Neighbours To Court Over BBQ Watch

Napp
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Now this is a perfect example of why people consider vegans to be a bunch of loons.
I would say that i hope someone throws a packet of Hellers at her but it would be a waste of perfectly good sausages.

An Australian vegan has taken her neighbours all the way to the Supreme Court, demanding they stop smoking, bouncing balls and even cooking barbecues in the backyard.Cilla Carden from Perth, said she is fed up with the smell of meat cooking on the barbecue next door."They've put it there so I smell fish, all I can smell is fish. I can't enjoy my backyard, I can't go out there."Carden, a massage therapist, is also furious at cigarette smoke wafting into her yard and the sound of children playing with basketballs next door.

"It's been devastating, it's been turmoil, it's been unrest, I haven't been able to sleep," she said.

One of her neighbours invited a Nine News Perth crew into the backyard to show that he had removed the barbecue and told his children to stop playing basketball.Another neighbour said in a statement "Ms Carden's demands were proven to be not reasonable and indeed were to the detriment of the other owners' ability to enjoy their lots in a reasonable and acceptable manner".Carden is so upset she has taken her neighbours to the State Administrative Tribunal and the Supreme Court."It's deliberate, that's what I told the courts, its deliberate."

But a Supreme Court Judge and the State Administrative Tribunal have sided with her neighbours, dismissing her case.He request to appeal the decisions has also been refused.Carden says she won't give up on her fight and will return to court soon.
https://www.stuff.co.nz/world/austra...Ed1LCjVMvUOvD0
SCIENCE :D
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
imagine if she knew that the amazon was burning to the ground, or that people in Africa still don't have clean drinking water....
ThomH97
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I thought barbecue was Australia's national dish? Then again, they are BBQing fish which I find more than a bit weird. Cow, pig and if you're brave, chicken. I'd also accept croc and 'roo as it's OZ.
CoolCavy
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
She also complained about children playing in their backgarden with toys. Wow perish the thought of them being kids :eek3:
These are the type of people that moan about TV and gaming and tell children to get outside like they did in their day.
No wonder she's in turmoil and can't sleep :emo: how very traumatic
Notoriety
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Her complaints are almost exclusively about ordinary neighbourly disputes; saying a light shines in her bedroom window and all this petty ****e. The BBQ was very low on her agenda.

She has been complaining about this for several years; has a decision from 2017 trying to get the building owners to do something about noise (from parties and a dog) and light pollution. Supreme Court decision here. It's actually quite funny; she complained about children making noises, chairs scraping across the ground, and the neighbour's property was scruffy and in a state of disrepair.

Really, she's just a neighbour from hell. That's the story here. It's not a vegan who wants people to not cook meat around her; it is a nutter moaning about everything under the sun. It's fairly sad how much this woman has been allowed to torment her neighbours:

The evidence is also that Mr and Mrs Vu have not allowed the children out at night, have not used the patio at night, and have not turned on the lights for several months for fear of reprisals from the applicant ...
Last edited by Notoriety; 1 week ago
Napp
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by CoolCavy)
She also complained about children playing in their backgarden with toys. Wow perish the thought of them being kids :eek3:
These are the type of people that moan about TV and gaming and tell children to get outside like they did in their day.
No wonder she's in turmoil and can't sleep :emo: how very traumatic
I'm picturing the judges laughing her out of the courtroom :lol:
the beer
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Reminds me of that Dutch vegan that keeps being refused a Swiss passport for being too annoying and constantly moaning about cow bells, maybe hyperacusis is a symptom of a vegan diet.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-a7520991.html
Last edited by the beer; 1 week ago
Rock Fan
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I would show her a nice piece of juicy steak
Wired_1800
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Napp)
Now this is a perfect example of why people consider vegans to be a bunch of loons.
I would say that i hope someone throws a packet of Hellers at her but it would be a waste of perfectly good sausages.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/world/austra...Ed1LCjVMvUOvD0
This is over the top.
username4889668
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I went to a restaurant with my mates the other day and a lady comes screaming saying we’re murdering animals and that we’re destroying the planet by eating meat

I carried on eating.
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Sounds like a typical nightmare neighbour.
Will constantly whine, send dozens of complaints to the authorities and mass litigate- about anything & everything.
Children playing, people smoking, smell of food on the barbecue. :rolleyes:

Had a neighbour a bit like this a few years ago- mad old cat lady.
Long list of demands for the entire street to obey: no dogs, no children, no tv soaps, no swearing and always take care of her cats in the rain.
Her daft complaints kept the local authority and parish council very busy.
Notoriety
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Rock Fan)
I would show her a nice piece of juicy steak
Keep it in your pants.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...