THe sooner I apply the sooner I receive a response? Watch

toinfinity88
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Hi all

Planning on applying for an graduate program at Oxbridge. Now that the applications windows are open, will I receive a response the sooner I apply or will all applications be assessed after the January deadline?

Thanks in advance
threeportdrift
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by toinfinity88)
Hi all

Planning on applying for an graduate program at Oxbridge. Now that the applications windows are open, will I receive a response the sooner I apply or will all applications be assessed after the January deadline?

Thanks in advance
Oxford or Cambridge, they operate PG admissions in different ways.
toinfinity88
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Oxford..
mnot
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Hi all

Thanks in advance
Yes & no, so in post-grad their is more of a first come first served (ie: if you meet the criteria you get an offer) as Unis arent bound by UCAS rules of treating every application equally.

That said if the course fills up every year and is competitive: you might have to wait for Oxbridge to filter tha applications.

Some PG courses at Oxbridge are over subscribed some are actually under-subscriber to, so every course response time will be different.
threeportdrift
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Oxford..
Oxford work a gathered field approach which means they have about 3 specific periods whereby if you apply in that period, you get an answer at the end of it. So to a degree, yes, if you apply early, you get an earlier answer.

Cambridge run a rolling application process, which is often misunderstood. They read applications as they come in, but then they defer a decision on all but the very best and the worst, until they have a clear view of the quality of an application field. So if you apply early at Cambridge, chances are you will just wait longer for an answer.
toinfinity88
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Thank you for your help. Seems like I need to get a move on with my application
toinfinity88
Rep:
?
(Original post by threeportdrift)
Oxford work a gathered field approach which means they have about 3 specific periods whereby if you apply in that period, you get an answer at the end of it.
Do you know when these 3 window periods are? thanks!
mnot
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Do you know when these 3 window periods are? thanks!
on their website...
toinfinity88
Rep:
?
(Original post by mnot)
on their website...
There seems to be only one deadline for the course I am interested in. Or are there standard periods for the uni?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top

University open days

• Regent's University London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 19 Sep '19
  • Durham University
    Pre-Application Open Days Undergraduate