Register to Vote - now Watch

returnmigrant
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Please - everyone - if you are 18, or will be 18 in the next few months, REGISTER to VOTE.

Its easy and you can do it all online :https://www.gov.uk/register-to-vote
CoffeeAndPolitics
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by returnmigrant)
Please - everyone - if you are 18, or will be 18 in the next few months, REGISTER to VOTE.

Its easy and you can do it all online : https://www.gov.uk/register-to-vote
Just going to bump this for you but I fully agree that everyone aged 18+ must REGISTER TO VOTE in a likely snap election in October/November. I'm currently registered for my current home address but not for university as I'm still waiting for details of my accommodation address which I'll get next week.
CoolCavy
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Will register if it's a general election
returnmigrant
Rep:
?
You can keep your home address Electoral registration and vote in your home constituency by postal vote or in person at home.

You do not need to re-register at Uni unless you want to.
CoffeeAndPolitics
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
You can keep your home address Electoral registration and vote in your home constituency by postal vote or in person at home.

You do not need to re-register at Uni unless you want to.
I will be re-registering to vote at uni since voting in person at home isn't practical (assuming the election is held in mid-October/November) and I prefer to vote in person rather than post. Thanks though.
Andrew97
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
And once you have done that (shameless plug) please vote in this https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=6120304
Doones
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by CoolCavy)
Will register if it's a general election
There will be a general election, and it may happen *very* quickly.

Everyone really needs to register now
CoolCavy
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Doones)
There will be a general election, and it may happen *very* quickly.

Everyone really needs to register now
Once you are registered can you vote at any station as idk if i will be at home or at uni

also HIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII :gah:

doones is in the house :woo:

:hugs:
CoolCavy
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Have registered, put my uni address as am here more and if an election is in the autumn will be here
returnmigrant
Rep:
?
(Original post by CoolCavy)
Once you are registered can you vote at any station as idk if i will be at home or at uni
No.

You can only vote for the Constituency where you are registered, and at your allocated polling station.
(Unless you apply for a postal vote - but again you can only vote for the Constituency where your registered address is,)
CoolCavy
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
No.

You can only vote for the Constituency where you are registered, and at your allocated polling station.
(Unless you apply for a postal vote - but again you can only vote for the Constituency where your registered address is,)
I did it for my uni address as am more likely to be there than at home
PQ
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
You can register to vote using two different addresses if you live in two places. https://www.yourvotematters.co.uk/fa...rent-addresses

You can only VOTE in one place but if you’re not sure where you’ll be then register for both.
barnetlad
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Even if there is not a general election in a few weeks time, there will be at some point. Do it now!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you attending a Global Climate Strike?

Yes, I'm striking (39)
7.59%
No, but I wanted to/I support the cause (299)
58.17%
No (176)
34.24%

Watched Threads