The Student Room Group

i'm horrible at maths but want to do accounting?

shall i still apply to uni ? or is the degree extremely mathematically complex where i just won't pass without great maths skills?
If maths isn't your passion, I'd suggest having a think about why you want to do accounting - is it because it's a solid job? What do you like about the idea? Are you able to do the maths portion (because there will definitely be a strong maths portion!)
If you're not totally sure, why not consider less mathematical career paths such as law, management, or even business? All of these will have similar outcomes without being mathematical - and you may find similar reasons for being interested in them. Hope this helps!

Original post by Rungirlrun!!
If maths isn't your passion, I'd suggest having a think about why you want to do accounting - is it because it's a solid job? What do you like about the idea? Are you able to do the maths portion (because there will definitely be a strong maths portion!)
If you're not totally sure, why not consider less mathematical career paths such as law, management, or even business? All of these will have similar outcomes without being mathematical - and you may find similar reasons for being interested in them. Hope this helps!

i like that accounting pays really well and the hours are good.
it depends on the maths - as long as it's not trigonometry or geometry or something overly complex like that and it's simply adding, ratios, percentages etc I'm alright.
Reply 3
Original post by Rungirlrun!!

also accounting leads to a direct career path which i like but law doesn't. it's an extremely hard degree but what's the payoff really, Training contracts are extremely hard to get plus you're competing with non law graduates so there isn't rlly a point in doing a law degree. and if you're using it to apply to non-law jobs then you can just as easily do a ''nicer'' for lack of a better word degree. management and business i will have to look into but what i said probably applies to this too.
Original post by Anonymous
shall i still apply to uni ? or is the degree extremely mathematically complex where i just won't pass without great maths skills?

Don't.
Reply 5
Original post by Bloodwyrm884
Don't.

why not
What a levels are you doing? If you think you could do well in something like a level statistics, you will be fine. Sometimes it’s hard to get in without a level maths though.
just try ur best

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending