The Student Room Group

What unis can I apply for with these results? (Attending uni 2020)

My results:GCSEs- 5A*s and 6AsA-Levels- A*AA (Maths, Bio, Chem)UCAT (lol this is where I **** up)- 2,320 overall/580 on average for each ish/ Band 4 Situational JudgementI want to do Dentistry as an undergraduate
Original post by JurassicPark001
My results:GCSEs- 5A*s and 6AsA-Levels- A*AA (Maths, Bio, Chem)UCAT (lol this is where I **** up)- 2,320 overall/580 on average for each ish/ Band 4 Situational JudgementI want to do Dentistry as an undergraduate

Hey!
We got very similar results! I am applying as a graduate applicant though with a first in Biomed with 2360 and band 4 in SJT.
I am thinking of applying to QUB, Bristol, Cardiff and either Aberdeen or UCLAN.
I applied last year as well and got rejected since I got 2350 in UCAT.
Try to apply to unis that do not have UCAT cutoff. Avoid dental schools in Midlands (Manchester, Liverpool and Sheffield) since they look at band 4 and they automatically reject you. Also, Birmingham rejected me last year with a 2350 and that is why I will not apply to them again this year. Also, Scottish dental schools are quite UCAT heavy except Aberdeen that offers only the 4-year course.
Maybe consider Bristol, Cardiff, Queen Mary (I think last year's UCAT cutoff was around 2300 so you would be fine), Plymouth and Queen's Belfast.
Is this your first time applying?
Try Cardiff (double check this as 3 years ago you needed min 5 A* and I'm not sure if that's changed) and Leeds (get your BMAT booked)
You can try Aberdeen but most Scottish unis seem to favour Scots. Then of course there Plymouth that takes a low ukcat and Bristol that look at PS more .
Original post by Sara1498
Hey!
We got very similar results! I am applying as a graduate applicant though with a first in Biomed with 2360 and band 4 in SJT.
I am thinking of applying to QUB, Bristol, Cardiff and either Aberdeen or UCLAN.
I applied last year as well and got rejected since I got 2350 in UCAT.
Try to apply to unis that do not have UCAT cutoff. Avoid dental schools in Midlands (Manchester, Liverpool and Sheffield) since they look at band 4 and they automatically reject you. Also, Birmingham rejected me last year with a 2350 and that is why I will not apply to them again this year. Also, Scottish dental schools are quite UCAT heavy except Aberdeen that offers only the 4-year course.
Maybe consider Bristol, Cardiff, Queen Mary (I think last year's UCAT cutoff was around 2300 so you would be fine), Plymouth and Queen's Belfast.
Is this your first time applying?

Yeah , so this is my first time applying. I thought of bristol and birmingham as well- but now im not that certain about birmingham anymore since they have a bit of a higher expectation.But, do you know any other unis which don't have a cut off or at least arent that bothered about UCAT?
Thank you so much for replying as well :smile:
Original post by RedHelenB
Try Cardiff (double check this as 3 years ago you needed min 5 A* and I'm not sure if that's changed) and Leeds (get your BMAT booked)
You can try Aberdeen but most Scottish unis seem to favour Scots. Then of course there Plymouth that takes a low ukcat and Bristol that look at PS more .

Ok, thank you so much. I'll check it out
Original post by JurassicPark001
Yeah , so this is my first time applying. I thought of bristol and birmingham as well- but now im not that certain about birmingham anymore since they have a bit of a higher expectation.But, do you know any other unis which don't have a cut off or at least arent that bothered about UCAT?
Thank you so much for replying as well :smile:

Try Cardiff, Bristol, Queen Mary London and Queen's Belfast, Plymouth and if you are applying as a graduate Aberdeen and UCLAN.
Wish you all the best!

Quick Reply

Latest