Theology Courses at Oxford University

Watch this thread
AKL1998
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hi everyone,

I'm studying Law at uni and I'm just about to start my final year. After I graduate, I want to do a 1-year course in Theology at Oxford Uni (starting 2020). As I haven't studied this course before, I believe the Masters courses will be too intense for me. Instead, I am considering the PGDip in Theology or CTS (Undergrad Certificate in Theology).

I was wondering whether anyone could tell me what the difference is, and what would be best to do. I want to fully embrace the Oxford life, so I don't want to be in a hall with purely post-grad or mature students. Recommendations of colleges would also be useful - i.e. which are the easiest ones to get into/whether this is relevant.

Many thanks.
nulli tertius
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by AKL1998)
Hi everyone,

I'm studying Law at uni and I'm just about to start my final year. After I graduate, I want to do a 1-year course in Theology at Oxford Uni (starting 2020). As I haven't studied this course before, I believe the Masters courses will be too intense for me. Instead, I am considering the PGDip in Theology or CTS (Undergrad Certificate in Theology).

I was wondering whether anyone could tell me what the difference is, and what would be best to do. I want to fully embrace the Oxford life, so I don't want to be in a hall with purely post-grad or mature students. Recommendations of colleges would also be useful - i.e. which are the easiest ones to get into/whether this is relevant.

Many thanks.
The only full undergraduate college that has either course is Keble for the PGDip.. Regent's Park is a PPH that is a college in miniature. Otherwise you are looking at the mature Harris Manchester College or the other PPHs which are either of Catholic monastic origins or were CofE clergy training institutions.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA Combined Science - Biology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (11)
39.29%
The paper was reasonable (10)
35.71%
Not feeling great about that exam... (5)
17.86%
It was TERRIBLE (2)
7.14%

Watched Threads