C.Gu
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I am an international student . I did A-level in the UK and applied to biomedical science course for 2019 entry. However, now i realised i really wanted to do medicine. I already accepted an offer from Imperial and I want to apply again in my first year. I got 3A* in A-level maths, biology chemistry and an A in psychology. I don’t know which uni accept applicants who are on another course. Could anyone please help me with this??
lois_____
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
My understanding is that unis will want you to complete the course if you start it as they won’t accept people transferring from courses even if the courses are related to medicine, so you would probs be best taking a gap year but to be extra sure you could check with medicine admissions at the unis you want to apply to, have you taken your UCAT ?
kikidouloveme
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by C.Gu)
I am an international student . I did A-level in the UK and applied to biomedical science course for 2019 entry. However, now i realised i really wanted to do medicine. I already accepted an offer from Imperial and I want to apply again in my first year. I got 3A* in A-level maths, biology chemistry and an A in psychology. I don’t know which uni accept applicants who are on another course. Could anyone please help me with this
The best thing to do would probably be to decline your place and take a gap year or do GEM which is expensive and competitive
C.Gu
Rep:
?
(Original post by lois_____)
My understanding is that unis will want you to complete the course if you start it as they won’t accept people transferring from courses even if the courses are related to medicine, so you would probs be best taking a gap year but to be extra sure you could check with medicine admissions at the unis you want to apply to, have you taken your UCAT ?
I talked to my current uni an they said although i can’t transfer to medicine, I can make a fresh application
I booked my UCAT in late September so i can have more time preparing
C.Gu
Rep:
?
(Original post by kikidouloveme)
The best thing to do would probably be to decline your place and take a gap year or do GEM which is expensive and competitive
Thanks for replying. I will look into it!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (9)
12.86%
I need help researching courses (5)
7.14%
I need help with filling out the application form (4)
5.71%
I need help with my personal statement (29)
41.43%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (18)
25.71%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (2)
2.86%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (3)
4.29%

Watched Threads