X__X
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
I'm in Year 10 and have started studying for my GCSEs. None of the big exams are coming up yet, but I want to have a study planner so as to not feel overwhelmed. I've tried GoConqr, MyStudyLife, and the study planner that TSR provides. My sister says to just make one on Excel, but I want to be able to study based on what is coming up, not a strict schedule. Any suggestions for what to do?

arctictaurus
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I personally made a timetable where I just assigned the topics I wanted to do to each day in a excel document but didn’t do anything linked to properly restricting what I did in each hour of the day. I found that this worked well as it meant that I could easily adjust it to suit how I was feeling each day while also motivating me to cover all of the topics!
lordjohnnyball
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I’ve finished my GCSEs and I’m going to be REALLY honest here. Personally, with my experience a timetable didn’t help me at all even if I didn’t restrict myself as much. I still went of task and spent either more time than I should have on parts. It made me less motivated then I should have been and in the end I just kinda went with the flow. Honestly I think if I was more organised I wouldn’t have had that problem but the timetable made me procrastinate so so much. Your in year 10 and if you want to revise I would suggest only revising 30 minutes or 1 hour and when you get into year 11 to end up increasing it. Do all the things you don’t understand first than all the easy work!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top

University open days

• University of Stirling
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Thu, 26 Sep '19
  • Heriot-Watt University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Scottish Borders Campus Undergraduate
    Fri, 27 Sep '19
  • Royal Holloway, University of London
    Undergraduate open day Undergraduate
    Sat, 28 Sep '19

Are you attending a Global Climate Strike?

Yes, I'm striking (39)
7.59%
No, but I wanted to/I support the cause (299)
58.17%
No (176)
34.24%

Watched Threads