Study help

Watch this thread
X__X
Badges: 11
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I'm in Year 10 and have started studying for my GCSEs. None of the big exams are coming up yet, but I want to have a study planner so as to not feel overwhelmed. I've tried GoConqr, MyStudyLife, and the study planner that TSR provides. My sister says to just make one on Excel, but I want to be able to study based on what is coming up, not a strict schedule. Any suggestions for what to do?

arctictaurus
Badges: 7
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 2 years ago
I personally made a timetable where I just assigned the topics I wanted to do to each day in a excel document but didn’t do anything linked to properly restricting what I did in each hour of the day. I found that this worked well as it meant that I could easily adjust it to suit how I was feeling each day while also motivating me to cover all of the topics!
lordjohnnyball
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
I’ve finished my GCSEs and I’m going to be REALLY honest here. Personally, with my experience a timetable didn’t help me at all even if I didn’t restrict myself as much. I still went of task and spent either more time than I should have on parts. It made me less motivated then I should have been and in the end I just kinda went with the flow. Honestly I think if I was more organised I wouldn’t have had that problem but the timetable made me procrastinate so so much. Your in year 10 and if you want to revise I would suggest only revising 30 minutes or 1 hour and when you get into year 11 to end up increasing it. Do all the things you don’t understand first than all the easy work!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has advance information helped during your exams?

Yes (143)
66.51%
No (47)
21.86%
I didn't use it to prepare (25)
11.63%

Watched Threads