Help x
morningstar461
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by fvtima)
Help x
What subjects? Also, what do you want to do afterwards?
gemmastewart
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
It really depends on the subject you want to take at university. If you are looking at taking a more logic based subject such as maths, sciences, psychology or English then I would definitely suggest going down the a level route.
If you are looking at more of a vocational subject such as business, ict, art, fashion, architecture then I would definitely go down the btec route.
I wanted to study business and my school is notorious for badmouthing the btec due to a level funding. So I went to study business, maths and ict, which I ended up absolutely hating. A level business is worthless (a couple of graphs and basically just the gcse) compared to the btec which has most of the same modules as I will be studying in my management course, therefore giving me a good advantage over other people on my course.
Btec prepare you in ways school didn’t in terms of time management and independent research which is essential at uni, not to **** off the a levels but they’re just advanced GCSEs 🤷*♀️
The extended diploma is worth the same as 3 a levels and are taken by almost every university out there, I got into all 5 of my options including two russell group unis and Loughborough (which I’m starting at in a few weeks) to study management.
The btec is seen as the cop out route but take it from someone who has done both, if you’re looking at studying a more vocational subject then you will gain so much more than just reading a text book and doing a short exam.
fvtima
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
(Original post by morningstar461)
What subjects? Also, what do you want to do afterwards?
Biology, psychology and AS health and social care. I’d want to study psychology or bio med at uni
fvtima
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
(Original post by gemmastewart)
It really depends on the subject you want to take at university. If you are looking at taking a more logic based subject such as maths, sciences, psychology or English then I would definitely suggest going down the a level route.
If you are looking at more of a vocational subject such as business, ict, art, fashion, architecture then I would definitely go down the btec route.
I wanted to study business and my school is notorious for badmouthing the btec due to a level funding. So I went to study business, maths and ict, which I ended up absolutely hating. A level business is worthless (a couple of graphs and basically just the gcse) compared to the btec which has most of the same modules as I will be studying in my management course, therefore giving me a good advantage over other people on my course.
Btec prepare you in ways school didn’t in terms of time management and independent research which is essential at uni, not to **** off the a levels but they’re just advanced GCSEs 🤷*♀️
The extended diploma is worth the same as 3 a levels and are taken by almost every university out there, I got into all 5 of my options including two russell group unis and Loughborough (which I’m starting at in a few weeks) to study management.
The btec is seen as the cop out route but take it from someone who has done both, if you’re looking at studying a more vocational subject then you will gain so much more than just reading a text book and doing a short exam.
Thanks so much for your reply x
Btec seems to have more advantages tbh I’m considering it more now
gemmastewart
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by fvtima)
Biology, psychology and AS health and social care. I’d want to study psychology or bio med at uni
I’ll be honest, I think for that pathway I would probably say the a levels would be a better route especially for bio med but if you want to do the btec I would check out health and social care.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top

What's your favourite genre?

Rock (203)
23.41%
Pop (214)
24.68%
Jazz (33)