The Student Room Group

Going to University

Hello, I finished My GCSE a while ago and I studied a year and a half of My A levels however i dropped out, i really want to go to uni and i do not want to continue with My A levels, what is the quickest way I can go to uni? Also how many years of studying would i have to undertake to get the qualification i need for Uni?
Many thanks
Original post by AkaNeymar
Hello, I finished My GCSE a while ago and I studied a year and a half of My A levels however i dropped out, i really want to go to uni and i do not want to continue with My A levels, what is the quickest way I can go to uni? Also how many years of studying would i have to undertake to get the qualification i need for Uni?
Many thanks

The two options I can think of are an Access to higher education course which takes one year and teaches academic skills alongside or you could try applying to the university course you want but with a foundation year pm me if any questions
Reply 2
Thanks for answering, yes I just enrolled, the course is It Games Development Diploma but the lecturer said its 2 years I dont know why, i was under the impression it was one year then I'm off to uni
The quickest way is irrelevant, especially keeping in mind which forum you're on. What matters is the best way, the right way. (...And maybe the cheapest way!)

Answer is Access, BTEC National Diplomas or maybe Foundation Year.

Another option is to just finish the A Levels. Unless you struggled, you presumably know 75% of it by now so could get a good grade if you did the exams as an external / private candidate.
Reply 4
Cheers for that, I'm just going to do the 2 year course and do an extr

Original post by ozzyoscy
The quickest way is irrelevant, especially keeping in mind which forum you're on. What matters is the best way, the right way. (...And maybe the cheapest way!)

Answer is Access, BTEC National Diplomas or maybe Foundation Year.

Another option is to just finish the A Levels. Unless you struggled, you presumably know 75% of it by now so could get a good grade if you did the exams as an external / private candidate.
Reply 5
Cheers, I'm just going to study the 2 years and an extra year at uni to top it up to a honours degree. Many thanks.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending