how can i boost my grades drastically? Watch

lorinsrem
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
hey guys i just went into year 10 and my grades from last year were a bit disappointing to say the least, i want to boost my grades up a lot this year but i don't know what to do, any tips on how long and what i should revise? i'm aiming very high and need some help on this

emilybond:)
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by lorinsrem)
hey guys i just went into year 10 and my grades from last year were a bit disappointing to say the least, i want to boost my grades up a lot this year but i don't know what to do, any tips on how long and what i should revise? i'm aiming very high and need some help on this
Not necessarily based on how long you revise but the way you revise - really depends on how you learn - visual, audial, kinaesthetic,

But generally tips is to make notes as you go along - highlight the things you don’t know, if your stuck 100% ask your teacher if they can go over it with you or a friend if they know how to do it, split up your time according to what subjects need the most help. Before tests (not GCSEs but like topic tests) try to start revising two weeks before so you have all the knowledge as then just before the exam you just need to go over the few things you don’t know.

Practise questions are the number one thing! Most GCSE questions are similar so if you do enough practise questions you will do better ( people often say it’s knowing the mark scheme not the stuff, you can understand it all and still lose marks if you don’t know how they mark it especially in science)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top

University open days

• Regent's University London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 19 Sep '19
  • Durham University
    Pre-Application Open Days Undergraduate