satsun
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
So College starts on Monday, and I haven’t enrolled yet, I dropped out last year for many reasons and want to join again, because I’m in a better shape of mind.

When I dropped out I enrolled onto a Distance Learning a-level course to give me some sense of purpose, and it was probably the best thing I done, I’m getting A’s and B’s in my exams.

My college’s website says that most students take 3 a-levels, but if I joined I wouldn’t want to be doing 3 with them, as I want to continue on with my distance learning course.

Am I allowed to do two with the college, and one with my provider?
satsun
Rep:
?
bump!
JustOneMoreThing
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Colleges and Sixth Forms don't let prospective students take less than 3 A-Levels.

Either join the college and take 3 or continue with your distance learning course.
satsun
Rep:
?
(Original post by JustOneMoreThing)
Colleges and Sixth Forms don't let prospective students take less than 3 A-Levels.

Either join the college and take 3 or continue with your distance learning course.
I just don’t get why though, surely I’m not costing as much? I don’t see where one a-level can actually get me, unless I enrol onto two more distance learning courses, which’ll be costly.
JustOneMoreThing
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by satsun)
I just don’t get why though, surely I’m not costing as much? I don’t see where one a-level can actually get me, unless I enrol onto two more distance learning courses, which’ll be costly.
Join a college.
Fwd
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by JustOneMoreThing)

I know of 1 SF and 1 college with students taking less than 3 A Levels, so it's not always the case that you have to take 3.

(Original post by satsun)
So College starts on Monday, and I haven’t enrolled yet, I dropped out last year for many reasons and want to join again, because I’m in a better shape of mind.

When I dropped out I enrolled onto a Distance Learning a-level course to give me some sense of purpose, and it was probably the best thing I done, I’m getting A’s and B’s in my exams.

My college’s website says that most students take 3 a-levels, but if I joined I wouldn’t want to be doing 3 with them, as I want to continue on with my distance learning course.

Am I allowed to do two with the college, and one with my provider?
OP, I'd call your local college and ask. You said the website says 'Most students take 3...', it doesn't say you have to. So just call and ask if taking 1 or 2 is possible
LearnOnline
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
A lot of our learners are studying some of their A-levels in a local college/sixth form centre and one or two online with us.

You need to speak to your local college about the situation, they may accept you to study 2 A-levels - only they can tell you!

Good luck with your studies
dlymlyish
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
hey! you said you liked your online learning a-levels experience? could you please recommend which online school/college you enrolled to to study for those a-levels?? i’ve been searching for a sultry ages and been getting mixed reviews. do you have experience with Oxford Learning College?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (3)
3.75%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (11)
13.75%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (14)
17.5%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (9)
11.25%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (29)
36.25%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (14)
17.5%

Watched Threads