The Student Room Group

A-Level Spanish in a year? (AQA)

Hi all,

Just starting Y12 and I want to do A-level Spanish however there isn't a Y12 class. I did GCSE Spanish in one year and sat the exam at the end of Y10 and got a 9 as the same situation arose. The only way I can do the A-Level is if I attend 3 hours a week of Y13 Spanish and sit the A2 exam at the end of Y12. Thoughts?
Original post by Nathanielrwi
Hi all,

Just starting Y12 and I want to do A-level Spanish however there isn't a Y12 class. I did GCSE Spanish in one year and sat the exam at the end of Y10 and got a 9 as the same situation arose. The only way I can do the A-Level is if I attend 3 hours a week of Y13 Spanish and sit the A2 exam at the end of Y12. Thoughts?

A-levels are a lot harder and if your only learning 3 hours a week I doubt you would learn enough to get a good grade - i do 5 hours a week taught lessons and I’m doing it over two years and i still have to do so much work outside of class, unless your fluent in Spanish (and even then because of the book, film element) I don’t think this would be the best idea - GCSE and alevel are a whole new level especially in languages
That's what I was worried about Emily, but I'd be putting extra work in both at school with staff and at home, and as we're doing 2 books I was thinking that may be easier?

Quick Reply

Latest