The Student Room Group

Help with Grad level roles

I finished at the University of Birmingham back in June and have been working in an office since. The position isn’t a graduate role and involves mainly assisting finance, production and sales functions alongside administrative and data entry tasks (although working across multiple functions within the business has been interesting).

After I graduated, I didn’t have any professional work experience, so I felt it important to get some asap to help improve my CV for when I apply for graduate roles. Whilst it isn’t the strenuous work, I do feel like it will be useful when applying for my chosen industry, as is applicable to some of the areas found on job descriptions (Project coordination/PMO/consultancy). However, without sounding like I’m full of myself, I do feel like I’m above the position an do want to continue my professional development.

I’m starting to begin the job hunt now, through starting a few application processes and speaking to a few recruitment agencies. Does anyone have any advice/have been in a similar situation? I want to continue working but interviews will make that difficult. Do I wait a bit longer? I only have to give 1 weeks’ notice before leaving.

Thanks for your time & help
Original post by jac123rams
I finished at the University of Birmingham back in June and have been working in an office since. The position isn’t a graduate role and involves mainly assisting finance, production and sales functions alongside administrative and data entry tasks (although working across multiple functions within the business has been interesting).

After I graduated, I didn’t have any professional work experience, so I felt it important to get some asap to help improve my CV for when I apply for graduate roles. Whilst it isn’t the strenuous work, I do feel like it will be useful when applying for my chosen industry, as is applicable to some of the areas found on job descriptions (Project coordination/PMO/consultancy). However, without sounding like I’m full of myself, I do feel like I’m above the position an do want to continue my professional development.

I’m starting to begin the job hunt now, through starting a few application processes and speaking to a few recruitment agencies. Does anyone have any advice/have been in a similar situation? I want to continue working but interviews will make that difficult. Do I wait a bit longer? I only have to give 1 weeks’ notice before leaving.

What's your degree in?
Reply 2
Original post by jac123rams

What sort of jobs are you applying for any how many interviews do you expect? You normally use annual leave for them.

Are you a temp or on a permanent contract?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending