JasmineASIA
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
I want to study a Ba(hons) in working with children, young people and families. Would this be really hard to study??
It’s linked to family support work, becoming a social worker or a primary/nursery teacher.
SarcAndSpark
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I don't think it would be a very challenging course.

Could you tell us a bit more about your background and then we can try to advise if the course is likely to be for you?
JasmineASIA
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by SarcAndSpark)
I don't think it would be a very challenging course.

Could you tell us a bit more about your background and then we can try to advise if the course is likely to be for you?
So I am currently studying BTEC Health & Social care I’m getting distictions for my coursework& merits for my exams. My current course is not hard, just very time consuming as there is alot of coursework. It slightly links to the degree i want to do at uni. But not 100% I don’t want to go to uni and end up not knowing a thing at all and being set back.
SarcAndSpark
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by JasmineASIA)
So I am currently studying BTEC Health & Social care I’m getting distictions for my coursework& merits for my exams. My current course is not hard, just very time consuming as there is alot of coursework. It slightly links to the degree i want to do at uni. But not 100% I don’t want to go to uni and end up not knowing a thing at all and being set back.
If you're doing a level 3 BTEC and getting distinctions, then I am sure you're ready for uni. If your course meets the uni entry requirements, then they will know the content of your course and know you'll be able to cope with it.

If you're concerned, why not go to some open days and chat to the uni about your course and the content of the course.
JasmineASIA
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I looked at the entry requirements and should hopefully meet it, however i still haven’t passes maths so i need to resit that other than that the requirements seem fine. & I’m going to go to some open days and ask them about the course content, hopefully it isn’t too hard i just really don’t want to drop and disappoint my family aswell as myself.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What's your favourite genre?

Rock (199)
24.24%
Pop (202)
24.6%
Jazz (33)
4.02%
Classical (46)
5.6%
Hip-Hop (155)
18.88%