The Student Room Group

advice for year 11

today is my first day of year 11 and can someone tell me what to expect and how to stay focused and motivated and to remain positive? :smile:
Original post by nadine618
today is my first day of year 11 and can someone tell me what to expect and how to stay focused and motivated and to remain positive? :smile:

Hello,

I hope your first day of year 11 went well!

The work is going to be challenging at times, but that means you're learning if you find it difficult. For me, I stayed focused and motivated by creating a revision timetable. I made sure there was enough time in my day to have 'downtime' - you need to relax during year 11 too. When you're revising please do add enough breaks onto your timetable, perhaps try the Pomodoro technique? (https://pomodoro-tracker.com/) This works by studying for 25 minutes with no procrastination and then give yourself a 5/10 minute break after this go back for another 25-minute set. During the break, you can go on your phone and grab a snack. (Or dance about to stretch your legs like a lot of my friends did)

To remain postive you firstly need a positive attitude. Don't be hard on yourself if something doesn't go well, you're bound to make mistakes in year 11. Just remember, once this year is done and all the chaotic exams are over you will have a great 12 week holiday to relax in!

I hope this helps, and good luck :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest