Keri00Summers
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
I already started school and I'm doing BTEC: Health & Social Care and some people told me that I should do A-Levels since I passed. But I have a friend in Health and Social as well and she told me to not go. So I'm confused on what to do.
PS: I have to go to two schools to do BTEC and the other school is quite far away for me to take the bus. Also if I pick A-Levels that mean I can stay at one school.
Also I haven't learnt anything and I was already given homework and it's due in two days and I don't know if I'm doing the homework right.
If I was doing A-Levels then I would pick:
> English Literature
> Psychology
> Economics
> Law
Luqman Khan
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by Keri00Summers)
I already started school and I'm doing BTEC: Health & Social Care and some people told me that I should do A-Levels since I passed. But I have a friend in Health and Social as well and she told me to not go. So I'm confused on what to do.
PS: I have to go to two schools to do BTEC and the other school is quite far away for me to take the bus. Also if I pick A-Levels that mean I can stay at one school.
Also I haven't learnt anything and I was already given homework and it's due in two days and I don't know if I'm doing the homework right.
If I was doing A-Levels then I would pick:
> English Literature
> Psychology
> Economics
> Law
Depends what your aspirational career is.
If you want to get into university, some will accept BTECs, but some won’t. They tend to be looked down upon by a lot of people and by competitive universities.
The best thing for you to do is to check some universities that have the course that you want to do and see if they accept BTECs.
If you are not academically successful then A levels probably aren’t for you, as they are much harder than BTECs - but if you uni wont accept btecs, you have almost no choice but to do A levels to do the course at university.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    PGCE Open day Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20
  • Edinburgh Napier University
    Postgraduate Drop-in Brunch Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20
  • Teesside University
    All faculties open Undergraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20

Do you get study leave?